• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Swimming

Ines4C

So, I swam 140 lengths today, Plus walked in the pool for 30 lengths. I am aware of that in the first two months after I have the operation, I cannot do that. However, Has anyone been swimming before the operation and if so, were you able to swim more after and, did swimming help anyone Avoid excess skin? I am imagining, if I can swim 140 now, maybe I will be able to do 200 after the operation. How much energy do you have after the operation? I assume it is more?

140 OMG lol I can't answer your question as I had a band but go you!

I detest swimming but hoping that when I get to be a smaller size that I will feel less self conscious going.

Well as I is set in another thread, because I can't see, I can't see people look at me, so it doesn't bother me. I enjoyed swimming too much not to go just because people might stare at me.

My personal experience is that my weight didnt effect my swimming ability.

I supppose it would depend how much extra weight you are carrying but it seems you are already really fit to be swimming that much!

I am not to keen on swimming but did go in the pool on holiday.
It felt really weird because of the loose skin on my legs.It felt as if it was flapping around way too much :eek:

If there's one thing in life I do miss because of being overweight, is swimming. Now I am way too self concious to dare to go to any pool no matter what time of day it is. I just wish, once I'm on the losers bench and I've lost some weight, I find the confidence to take the plunge. Saggy skin or not.

I could swim a long way before my op and I can swim a long way now. Made no difference tbh.
However, before the op I could barley walk and now I can walk for miles and miles and run for miles as well !!
Exercise has helped with my muscles but lose skin doesn't tone- it's either stretched too far or it's not. Moisturise a lot and cross your fingers. You won't know whether you've got lucky until a fair few stone have gone xx

Thanks, mystical. That helps. It's encouraging to hear how you guys feel after the operation. Yes, I think exercising in the water is always easier. Jo, I hope you will find the confidence to swim soon. It is such a great exercise.

Ines4c ~ do you do your swimming @ leisure or somewhere else?

Jo, I hope you can., NKat; No. I used to, but it's too busy there. I am a member of fitness first. It's in the Brewery complex. X

Jo, I hope you can., NKat; No. I used to, but it's too busy there. I am a member of fitness first. It's in the Brewery complex. X

What you swimming in beer? :eek:
Bet you don't mind swallowing a mouthful every once in a while :party0036: :drunk:
:rotflmao:

I didn't realise they had a pool . . .how big is it? 25 metres? AM guessing it must be smaller than @ leisure?

Back