• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

swimming?

nikshikari

When is it safe to start swimming after surgery? My family really enjoy swimming and we have a few hols lined up also. i dont want to miss out on fun in the pool, especially in a smaller swimming costume than the one i already have.

off course you can swim hun... speak to your surgeon or biartric team to se how soon... some people its about 2 weeks after and sometimes your advised to wait 6 weeks... see what your team say and go by there advise xx

Im aiming for 4-5 weeks post op if i heal well :)

i went after 6 weeks :) but if i could've gone earlier i would've but due to my muscle damage and 9 wounds had to wait for them to heal first , now i only have to wait for my broken ribs to heal then i can go again :)

Great stuff :) I have a holiday in may so plenty of time xx

you'll be looking and feeling great by then :)and probably might need to take another size smaller cozzie with you just in case :)

I'm gearing myself up for swimming - I was gonna give it at least 3weeks, my wounds are all sealed but just want to give it an extra week

:)

Oh and need to get a swimming costume - Sports Direct I think hopefully they do a size 20 :eek:

i know it's old fashioned shop but bon marche have cozzies for sale :) i haven't looked at them myself but might be ok and will definitely do size 20 x

My surgeon said after 2 weeks, however I waited till 4 weeks. I have to say I knew about it though so be aware of your body. And don't try the spa for too long either...but be guided by your team they know about you and your history best.

As for you holiday you'll be on your way to the new you and have a blast :):)

i know it's old fashioned shop but bon marche have cozzies for sale :) i haven't looked at them myself but might be ok and will definitely do size 20 x

:cool:Oh cool! ours is closing and has an "everything must go sale on".....Me thinks a visit in the morning is due;)

Back