• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

RNY Gastric Bypass Swimming

Jen1961

Is on her way!
Well I did it... today I bit the bullet and went swimming at my local pool.

I have been dreading it as I am so self concious. And now I am four stones down, I thought I didn't look as horrendous as I could have done in my cozzy. hehe!!

I got there at 9am after dropping my little lad off at school and saw there was only 4 people in the whole pool at that time. Great start I thought... I can do this.

I swam for 30 mins and I think I did 20 lengths in total. I was just about to get out when all these school children appeared and were sat on the edge of the pool watching me and this one other lady swim. OMG! I started to panic. I was sure there wouldn't be any children in at this time.. I hadn't accounted for school swimming lessons lol!!

Anyhow.. I got out... and walked brazingly past them into the changing rooms. I wasn't wearing my glasses so couldnt see who was looking at me.. so I just sucked it up and did it.

A small step but I feel great.

I am aiming to go twice a week to start with and see how it goes.. but now the first ordeal has been managed.. it should be a breeze from now on.. (I hope!!! :eek::eek:)

Well done you. I would never have got out of the pool so your braver than me lol.

oh well done Jen :) you're really brave!! good luck with going regularly :) xxx

Jen1961 said:
Well I did it... today I bit the bullet and went swimming at my local pool.

I have been dreading it as I am so self concious. And now I am four stones down, I thought I didn't look as horrendous as I could have done in my cozzy. hehe!!

I got there at 9am after dropping my little lad off at school and saw there was only 4 people in the whole pool at that time. Great start I thought... I can do this.

I swam for 30 mins and I think I did 20 lengths in total. I was just about to get out when all these school children appeared and were sat on the edge of the pool watching me and this one other lady swim. OMG! I started to panic. I was sure there wouldn't be any children in at this time.. I hadn't accounted for school swimming lessons lol!!

Anyhow.. I got out... and walked brazingly past them into the changing rooms. I wasn't wearing my glasses so couldnt see who was looking at me.. so I just sucked it up and did it.

A small step but I feel great.

I am aiming to go twice a week to start with and see how it goes.. but now the first ordeal has been managed.. it should be a breeze from now on.. (I hope!!! :eek::eek:)

Well done Jen that's fantastic xx

Well done, Jen !!

Go girl !!! i take a sarong to the pool edge so i don't scare anyone and i check what is going on at what times in the pool so i can chose the best times.
Keep it up its brilliant exercise and easy on the joints i burn off more in the pool than the gym !!!

Jen after reading this iv just booked myself in for aqua aerobics at 7 tonight ;-) xx

Lol, Jen :) I bet the kids didn't bat an eye ... we are not the minority any more & kids are used to seeing big peeps on tv, anyway. I admire you for taking the plunge, literally, & wish you all the luck in the world for your future fitness :) xxx

Jen after reading this iv just booked myself in for aqua aerobics at 7 tonight ;-) xx

A few more weeks of swimming and thats my next step, aqua aerobics.. I used to go years ago and really enjoyed it in the water. :)

Enjoy your class Laura x

Jen1961 said:
A few more weeks of swimming and thats my next step, aqua aerobics.. I used to go years ago and really enjoyed it in the water. :)

Enjoy your class Laura x

Thank you after today's gym session I probably won't b able to walk later lol xx

Back