• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

took the plunge

flowerofshona

Well i decided i wanted to get as fit as possible before my op in Jan/Feb so took the first steps by going swimming tonigh, it was heaven!! had the pool almost to myself did 20 lengths and some exercises in the water, im aiming to go 2-3 times a week, it can only help me during and after the op.
I have a wrap I wear to the pool side and slip in then i don't care as im under the water and it helps all my joints :)

Well done you! The first step is always the hardest and you've done that now. You should feel proud of yourself. x

Well done hunni , I may join you soon but I'm just a bit wary of dropping my bmi before I see a consultant . Once I know I am secure I will be getting a bit fitter .
xxx

Your on !! i went to Pelhams (ex Rocco), used to be a member there when it was private, now council owned.

Wow that made a difference!!! lost 2lb in one day, just goes to show that if i exercise the weight comes off! been struggling to shift the weight but knee would not allow me to do much so swimming 3 times a week for me yayyyyy!!

That's great news hunni :)

From one ex EXERCISEPHOBIC couch potato Once you start it becomes addictive I am thankfully back to my aerobic walking workouts just need to find the link for exercise addiction anonymous now.

Go Dawn its all worth it

Well done you. I love swimming and hope to rejoin the gym in January - can't wait.
I bought a waterproof MP3 player and swim up and down listening to music or a book. Time flies past and before you know it 40 plus lengths have gone :)

Moira

Well done, it's a great feeling isn't it when you finally make the plunge. I try and go 4 times a week now, and even fit in going after nights if I think I won't make it in the afternoon. 1000 times better than the gym, I find that so boring x

Well done you. I love swimming and hope to rejoin the gym in January - can't wait.
I bought a waterproof MP3 player and swim up and down listening to music or a book. Time flies past and before you know it 40 plus lengths have gone :)

Moira
what a great idea!

I would love to have an mp3 but can't put anything in my ears as it triggers my vertigo, im happy plodding up and down the pool and chatting to peeps if i can :)

Good luck with the op in the new year... and keep up the good work with the swimming.

I'm going to start up again this Friday - would love to go three times a week but would need to win the lottery first!

I'm going to start up again this Friday - would love to go three times a week but would need to win the lottery first!
I asked my GP for a voucher for 12 weeks reduced fees, its only £2.90 a time and when i think how much we spent on junk food and takeaways in a week it works out very cheap :)

Good for you Dawn....My little girl ahs been flying through her swimming stages and I've decided to have a couple of private lessons to help me feel more confident ...so I can keep up with her...

We'll all be joining the olympics soon!!!

Feel like i have done the channel swim tonight :D
Did 40 lengths and 15 mins exercise :eek:

Back