• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

tablets

misselvis

does any one who as had a gastic band know when you can
starts taking tablets
i am on liquids form at the moments but some takes like poison

thanks

kay x

You've posted this on the bypass board hun :)

But just to say, I have a band, and I was advised that I was able to take mine from day one :) I was advised tho that you could crush them, but some you have to confirm with a pharmacist as to whether they can be crushed ~ some have a coating on to protect the stomach linings and crushing can cause damage.

I'd check with your provider but also check out the meds you're on and see if they can be crushed. I've taken my migraine meds from day one without crushing.

You've posted this on the bypass board hun :)

But just to say, I have a band, and I was advised that I was able to take mine from day one :) I was advised tho that you could crush them, but some you have to confirm with a pharmacist as to whether they can be crushed ~ some have a coating on to protect the stomach linings and crushing can cause damage.

I'd check with your provider but also check out the meds you're on and see if they can be crushed. I've taken my migraine meds from day one without crushing.

thanks for info

I got one of my meds changed to liquid (Atenolol), and my GP says the bendroflumethiazide is water soluble (it's not so I crush it) and I crack open the Ramipril capsules. I mix it all up in apple juice which covers the nasty taste.

Hi

Don't forget when you first have the band fitted its not inflated so should not pose any restriction to tablets, once inflated that's a different question.

Paul

Don't forget when you first have the band fitted its not inflated so should not pose any restriction to tablets, once inflated that's a different question.

Paul

This isn't the case for everyone with a band at all, it actually appears here especially that it is more common for people to have a fill at the time of op than it is to have to wait. It seems only a couple of providers make patients wait ~ mine was at 5 weeks but a lot now have a considerable fill at op.

Some members on the band board have reported issues with ibuprofen etc and burning the stomach lining due to their band ~ this is why each person needs to check with their provider and in relation to the meds they are taking.

Back