• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tablets!

Ormsweird

So, several days post op and I have 5-6 tablets I need to take with my morning and evening food. How do people manage this with the no drinking with food thing?!

Curious to hear from others about it.

I think that might be a question you should put to your provider. I couldn't take tablets until Week 5 post bypass, and then it was a struggle ... Good luck x

We were told to take them in hospital after the op. But I might give the dietitian a bell. After a day of a litre of water they start you on four weeks of puree at Sunderland.

There's not an easy answer for the tablets I'm on. I was told the meal could be milk and for those tablets that can't be taken with milk (sigh), to flush through with as much water as possible to make sure they don't sit in my pouch.

Had a spot of bother with ibuprofen last year so have been really careful on this.

Depends what tablets you are on, your GP may not 'get it', pharmacist unlikely so I'd get an answer from you bariatric nurse as to your exact tablets.

I have been told to get liquid forms of the meds...maybe you can get some of yours liquidised so to speak?

These are tablets given to me on discharge FROM the hospital. They say there should be no problem with them. It's just the drinking them down with food thing I'm having queries about!

Usually they say with or after food, so you can just take them 30mins after. If the hospital said they are fine to take, I'd just take them :)

I am taking them, but as you can imagine 6 tablets is a lot in one go. I think I'll wait the 30 mins. Makes more sense that way.

Back