• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

fitting in the tablets

dreamofbeingslim

Can't wait for next appt
Hi can anyone tell me how do you fit in the iron and calcium tablets on a morning when you are not supposed to take them with 3 hours of each other.

ooo hmmmmm could you take one as soon as your up say 7am then the other at 10? would that work?....

I tend to take my calcium with breakfast, then Iron with lunch, another calcium at tea time and then an Iron before bed !! Did discuss this with dietician as when I forget to take one it gets mucked up, but she was happy for me to miss the odd one when this happens and then to carry on as before. Hope this helps !!

Well it would at the moment but not when I go back to work. Thanks anyway. The iron tablets have to be taken with food.

I just have 1 multivit to take

i have my iron aat meal times and i have a calcium on way to school and on my way home from school or work as they are just like a mint type tablet and i keep them in the car , i was told an hour apart was fine between iron and calcium but you need to do what your team have said maybe give them a bell and see what they say x

I wasn't told anything Hannah by my team its just on the calcichew tablets. I only have to do one iron tablet so maybe do it at lunchtime every day do you think that would be ok? That's what I did today.

sharron i take my iron calicoes and fast tab all at the same time . thats what they were doing in hospital so i have just carried on doing it . the fast tab though ihave to swallow now as i cant stand the taste of it when it melts on the tongue xx and at night i take calicoes , injection, and vitimin pills

I was never told to take iron tablets but i do take a vitamin and calcichew...

Tracey? My fasttabs are supposed to be dissolved in liquid, can you not do that with yours? Lansaparole i have...

Patsy do you have iron tablets or are you talking about those vitamin drops WM gave us that smell n taste like cat pee?

Sharron you sound like you are doing fabulously, keep on trucking girl xx

Hi Sharron,

I take both calci-chews in the morning (+ my multi vit) and the iron at night. My team said that's fine and if i have to split the calcium up I'd just forget once I get to work.

Hope that helps.

Back