• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Take a Break mag

as others have said here, dont believe what you read in newspapers or magazines.......and as for pictures.......most of the celebs are airbrushed anyway!!! take it all with a pinch of salt. i had a friend who was in one of the mags many years ago for losing weight.......they twisted most of what she said........they are in a business to 'sell and make a profit' and as we all know, 'nice' stories dont sell for whatever reason. personally i've not read a mag or newspaper for a very long time because of this. maybe there is an opening in the market for a mag to have 'nice' stories instead of the doom and gloom most have xx

Now again I'll be controversial, but having just done my own story with take a break last year, them twisting and changing things just isn't true, or if it is then it's your own fault for allowing it. I was fully involved with my story, had each draft read to me and made changes when things weren't accurate.

What they do is make your story fit more with their magazine by the style of writing, so they will make up conversations based on what you've said, but again if you disagree or aren't happy with it you are given every opportunity to put it straight.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

This is one of the reasons I am so thankful to this forum, I was discussing this yesterday with Bev and we both agreed we would not have been so well prepared for our surgeries without it. Good and bad is discussed so we feel prepared :D X

OMG! This story has totally freaked me out... I have a very addictive (OCD) personality and really worry about my current food addiction being transferred elsewhere post op. I'd love to think I could make my new addiction exercise but somehow that seems highly unlikely based on previous lack of interest in all things energetic. My youngest starts nursery in Sept so I'm going to be lonely too - best start making some plans to occupy me. Addiction transfer is probably something we should all be concerned about.

but you might find that post op you are more motivated to exercise perhaps? I think rather than find something to replace the food addiction we need to focus on not letting something else become an addiction at all. Exercise addiction can cause a lot of damage to the body. Personally I worry that I'll become addicted to buying clothes. So perhaps I shall have to set myself limits on how much I spend on them each month. Become a charity shop addict lol.

but you might find that post op you are more motivated to exercise perhaps? I think rather than find something to replace the food addiction we need to focus on not letting something else become an addiction at all. Exercise addiction can cause a lot of damage to the body. Personally I worry that I'll become addicted to buying clothes. So perhaps I shall have to set myself limits on how much I spend on them each month. Become a charity shop addict lol.

You're quite right - I think I probably will be more inclined to exercise after surgery and hopefully a little lighter so less self-conscious. I struggle with my spending as it is so if I can go into 'normal' shops and buy anything I fancy I could be in BIG trouble. Charity shops might not be a bad idea at all... X

Its similar to quitting smoking, you have to be very careful not to replace cigarettes with food. Im not really a drinker so that doesnt worry me, I am however a shopper :eek: and cant afford to spend massive amounts on clothes so Im trying to be very careful :D XX

Back