• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Taste Buds are Haywire!

Val

Committed Weight Loser
So as you know I had my band last Thursday

Weird news today my taste buds are really off..I fancy something then when its cooked and I see and smell it..even taste it..it all tastes wrong:confused:

Like today I had a milk coffee and it tasted Burnt!:cry:

I only seem to want Ice sorbet...is this normal
anyone else had this??

I'm not hungry and everything with milk in it tastes off, I don't want to eat anything. I'm having to force myself.

I'm finding some things are tasting really sweet. I've gone right off my Slim Fast shakes, especially the coffee ones.

Tomato soup still tastes yummy though.

It doesn't feel good eating, it feels uneasy going down, unsettled. Even water.

But yes I've had some strained Heinz vegetable soup, a muller light yoghurt and a protein shake so I'm doing ok.

That's a good thing - no hunger!
Get the nutrients inside you though.
Yep no hunger...so its a fringe benefit I suppose...just trying to drink the things I should to keep hydrated and upbeat;)

Quite normal ;) it's all trial an error or success with food now.

Sometimes the smell is enough to put me off things.

your taste buds will change and foods will have a stronger taste, I couldn't eat any of the soups I'd made before surgery (don't like them anyway but after milk diet thought I may eat them lol)

And it's quite common that foods will seem sweeter, I know of a fair few people who couldn't touch the shakes because of the sweetness.

I'm finding some things are tasting really sweet. I've gone right off my Slim Fast shakes, especially the coffee ones.

Tomato soup still tastes yummy though.

Ditto..I detest Slimfast I gag if I small it :/

Quite normal ;) it's all trial an error or success with food now.

Sometimes the smell is enough to put me off things.

Oh I agree its the smell that seems to be the trigger:rolleyes:

Hope you get your normal taste buds back soon Minn x x

Yes Kirsty they are Thank Goodness, it really was a tad frightening I thought it may have been a forever side effect :D

Back