• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tasty Homemade Burgers

vanilla-cupcake

Delicious burgers :eating:

1lb Mince (beef, lamb, chicken or turkey)
1 egg yolk
Breadcrumbs (2 slices wholemeal) (optional)
3 tbsp red sauce or bbq sauce or reggae reggae sauce or steak sauce (add more if you like spicy burgers)
1 tbsp worchester sauce
1 onion diced small
Salt & pepper if required

Take mince out of fridge about 1hr before making them.... its easier to handle

Put mince in large bowl and seperate with a fork, add all ingredients and mix well

Put golf ball size amount on palm of hand and shape into a burger

Once burgers are shaped they should be put into the fridge to set or can be cooked straight away

You can always add your own ingredients if you wish, grated carrots etc

Enjoy

thanks for that kate ! i shall give them a try x

Homemade Chicken Curry

Make a roux first.....
To make approximately 1 pint......

25g butter
25g plain flour
600ml chicken stock
2 heaped tbsp of curry powder, mild, medium or hot (Shwartz is good) (you could add more if you wish)

Add curry powder to the flour and mix it through.
Melt the butter in a heavy-based saucepan over low heat then add the flour and cook these ingredients gently for 2-3 minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon the whole time. Remove the pan from the heat and add some of the stock slowly. Keep stirring to avoid lumps forming.

Return the pan to a slightly higher heat then continue to add more stock, stirring the whole time as the sauce begins to bubble slightly and thicken. You will see the change in texture, Add little and often; blend to a smooth sauce as you go along and keep repeating this process until all the stock has been used. If the sauce is lumpy, whisk thoroughly with a whisk to break down the lumps until the sauce is as smooth as possible. The sauce should pour without being runny.

Fry off your chicken, onions and whatever veg you want to put in.. ie babycorn, brocolli etc
When frying the chicken you could add a few sprinkles of 'Shwartz Chinese 5 spice' if you wish, its delicious and gives a nice flavour!

Once your chicken etc is cooked add the curry sauce and bring to the boil, simmer for 5/10 minutes and its ready, you could add some salt if it needs it, I do

For a REALLY tasty curry add a few tablespoons of honey when its cooked, it is delicious and gives it a tiny sweet kick, its gorgeous, trust me!!

Homemade Chilli Con Carne

You will need the following.....

1lb of mince
1 onion
Any veg you want...peppers, carrots mushrooms etc
1 tbsp of chilli powder (mild, hot) add more if you wish
2 tbsp tomato puree
1/2 pint of beef stock
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
1 tin of baked beans
1 tsp of salt (if desired)

Fry mince off, add onion and fry for a few minutes, add tin of tomatoes and tomato puree, fry for a few minutes, add desired veg, add chilli powder and stir, gradually add beef stock stirring constantly, add tin of beans (much much nicer than kidney beans, believe me) add salt and stir, add more stock if needed, taste sauce and if its to your taste, simmer for 30 minutes

I always add a few tbsp of sweet chilli sauce, this is up to you, I love the flavour it gives the chilli, if you like your chilli really hot add a pinch of chilli flakes

Add chilli to rice or cous cous or on top of a baked potato....yummy :drool:

Last edited:
Mmmm sounds delish!

Back