• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Terrified..gastric band referral!

Starduck

Just had my first endocrinology appointment.. They weighed me and i was over 27 stone (didnt see exactly, but can update when my letter comes through in a couple of days), 5 foot 7 and *desperately* needing help.

My hormones are all messed up due to my excess weight and PCOS, and I've been on every diet going, but I'm awful at keeping the weight off.

My consultant has referred me to the bariatric clinic for gastric band surgery and i was overjoyed at having the opportunity to gain back control, being limited in portion size and relearning to eat. But... Ive spent some time reading up on the net, hoping to find success stories :cry:

Im now terrified and hoping you lovely people might have some reassurance and people with first hand experience.

Hi Starduck.... It sounds like help is on it's way!.. I'm sure a good Bariactic team will discuss with you your options and work out with you what's best for you!
Very best of luck and keep us posted!

Im feeling better after browsing peoples diaries on here. Love you guys already! Ive moved across from minimins to join you guys , by the way :)

Hi sweetheart welcome firstly you've come to the right place for friendly advise and support :) I'm sure the team will help you thru all the steps need to make the right choice for you. make sure you do lots of research too so you know whats available. You've taken the first steps to help yourself sweetheart....... this surgery is the leg up you need to get you to where you want to be......slimmer and healthier :) there are tons of success story's on here. Lots of by passers, sleeves and bands everyone has differing advise as to each of the surgeries. I had my band fitted back in feb via the NHS so far its still empty but have already managed to shift alot of weight ...... a band isn't for everyone, its hard work thats for sure, and your still able to eat all the naughty things if you're so inclined to. But for me, no regrets ...... only i wish i'd dome it sooner, it gave me my life back and i'm loving it :)
All the best sweetheart, keep reading and asking questions, do as your team advise and your be soon on your way x x x x gl

Thanks crystal. Im dying to meet my bariatric team now!

How long from referral to band does it take? I didn't think into ask my consultant because i was too excited ha ha! Xx

All areas are different depending on how far down the line you are..... i'm in Cornwall and my process took almost 3 years start to finish but others are done and dusted in months ask once you get you appointment what the process involves, don't be disappointed if its a long journey, i found the long wait just prepared my head more rather than rushing thru :) wishing you all the very best sweetheart and gl wth it all x x x

Wow! Im only over in Dorset, hoping that it'll be faster than that! Our endocrinology dept moves mega fast once you've had the initial appointment so im hopeful that the bariatric clinic will be the same :) xx

Back