• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hannytoiv87

Hi all I have my consultation on Sunday with THG. I have decided to go for a gastric band. I am 24 and have been trying to lose weight since I was about 10 (no joke) any how nothing ever seemed to work. Have recently found out i have PCOS and diabetes. Not great for someone my age! I am also hoping to start a family next year. But need to get my health sorted first! Any words of advice/encouragement would be greatly appreciated. I feel angry to have let my self get this far but on the other hand excited to see what the next year will bring. Thanks for reading xxx

Hi,

Welcome, I am being banded on the 1st September and we can share our excitement and anxiety together!

Good luck my lovely.

Heres to being healthy and happier

Jane x

Ah thank you!! I'm hoping to have mine end of November as I'm going to new York the beginning of November so dont think it would be wise to do it before then! Who are you getting your band with?

Welcome :) I've recently joined too and am due to have my band fitted on the 23rd August . . .this place has been a great help and hope it will for you too! :)

Welcome to the site :)

Hi Hanny,

Wow! New York sounds brilliant, so you have lots of things to look forward too :)

Had my pre op assesment today which was all a bit real..

Cant quite believe I am doing this..

You have got me thinking though, weight loss reward shopping for normal sizes in NY! Oh yes!

Jane x

good luck with THG i hope you have a after care plan as sometimes they can be lapse with band fills de fills and not getting back to patients x

Sorry everyone only just seen your replies! Thanks for your support, I had my consultation this afternoon. Found the surgeon to be very nice indeed. I did enquire about the aftercare and it's unlimited refills for 2 years. Has anyone else had a band with the hospital group? If so how did you find it? Thanks in advance xx

Back