• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Testing restriction?

Sarah Metcalf

Today I thought I'd see how much restriction I have. So for lunch I had 1/2 tin of tuna (made with 1tblspn light mayo), 1 tblspn roasted pinenuts, 1 tblspn of cheese (cubed) and 4 sticks of sliced pepper.

Can you tell me if you think this wasn't textured enough as I'm still hungry? I always thought tuna was a good restrictive food.

Going to wait another 5 mins and have a drink.

Tuna is good restrictive food, but with added mayo it does go slide down easier. Good food choices, if ur still hungry ur not eating enough, any meal I have ( not e1 is the same) I eat until I start to feel full and then stop. Have u tried doing this ??? Rather then eating so little and still wanting more. hth xxx

Try the tuna with balsamic vinegar,yum!Just eat till you think another fork full would be too much,not so you feel overfull just full.Then get up and do the dishes or move about a bit,I find it settles into your pouch better than sitting on it!

I'm trying different foods today to see what happens:

B:Fruit n fibre made with yoghurt so it doesn't go soft - lasted until 11.15 then I was starving
L: 2 krisprolls with 1 mashed boiled egg on them (I'm having a carb to see if it'll be a filler)- still hungry, am about to eat a peach

D: 2 coffees will have a 1pt of cordial soon (30 mins after eating peach)

E: 30 mins Rosemary Connellys Salsacise

Please feel free to give me advice, I'm trying to work with my band so I'm willing to try foods that other people find give good restriction. x

Hi Sarah - I don't have great restriction at the moment but I have found the following make me feel fuller for linger:

B - granola or equivalent bulky nutty seedy cereal served dry

S - dry rivita either 2 dark rye or 2 fruit ones

L - mini roasts so 2/3 thin slices beef etc with 3 veg all cooked al dente plus 2 v small dry roasted spuds ( shaken in bovril before roasting ) - eat meat first then veg and 9/10 I can't eat spuds because the al dente veg has filled me up -!

I've stopped having sauces n gravy as I find everything just slips right on through if I do .......

Hth Michelle xx

Back