• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Thai-spiced chicken

RoseA

Tried a lovely recipe tonight from a low-fat cookbook:

Thai-spiced chicken

This recipe is based on a tikka marinade but instead of curry powder, it uses red Thai curry paste and chopped coriander. Serves 4.

8 skinless chicken thighs
350g/12oz natural low fat yoghurt (I used fat-free)
2-3 tbsp Thai red curry paste
4 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
7.5cm/3" piece of cucumber
lime wedges and salad leaves to serve

1. Preheat oven to 200 degreesC/gas6/fan oven 180 degrees. Put the chicken in a shallow dish in one layer. Blend a third of the yoghurt, the curry paste, and 3 tbsp of the coriander. Season well with salt and pour over the chicken, turning the pieces until they are evenly coated. Leave for at least 10 minutes or in the fridge overnight.

2. Lift the chicken on to a rack in a roasting tin and roast for 35-40 minutes, until golden. (To cook on a barbecue, reduce the cooking time to 25-30 minutes)

3. Blend together the remaining yoghurt and coriander. Finely shop the cucumber and stir ito the yoghurt mixture. Season. Serve with the chicken and garnish with wedges of lime and salad leaves.

• Per serving 266 calories, 43g protein, 8g carbohydrate, 7g fat, saturated fat 2g, trace of fibre, no added sugar, salt 0.7g (or less).
Recipe from "101 Low-fat feasts: Tried and tested recipes" (published by Good Food Magazine / BBC books)

Does it taste anything like thai green curry, i love that! I have been having the Thai green soup from tesco, that is lush!

Thai red and Thai green curries are slightly different - the green is a bit more aromatic, but both are delish !

Yummy.......Thai stir fried pork s my absolute favourite dish. I hope I won't go off it post-op!
But that recipe sounds fab too.

Thanks for sharing it Rose.

Sounds delicious, i may try it once the contents of the freezer are eaten. Sounds like a good all round family meal too, bonus :) xx

I love recipe's like this that don't require you going out and buying lots of ingredients xx

Back