• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The 'Alternative' benefits of WLS

Sarah Metcalf

I thought I'd start a thread listing unusual benefits of weight loss. Here's 2 of mine, and I'd love to hear yours:

My boobs are so saggy now that my monthly check for lumps is much easier ;)

I don't have to hang my bum out of the shower cubicle to shave my legs

I don't need the nail clippers for my toenails now I can just bite them :sign0137: :rotflmao:
No I don't really but a friend of mine said that in a weightwatchers meeting when she got to goal :rotflmao:

I can shave my own legs, poor hubby it was his job. xx

Can tie shoes laces/do up sandals without feeling out of breath and can reach em and not have 2 ask hubby to do em for me xx

Today I was able to comfort a lost and distressed dog by crouching down with my knees bent rather than having to stoop over (thus frightening the dog more) or kneeling on the floor.
At a couple of years short of 60 I was delighted to be able to do this for the first time in about 12 years.
Thats just the difference made today, each day holds something equally as smashing.
I am LOVING this losing weight malarky.
Lynne x

Its still very early days for me, but the sheer relief that the surgery is over and done with is a great advantage for me at the minute!

I dont have to do a highly tuned contortionist manoevre to wipe my own backside !!!!
I can dried after a shower in a couple of minutes instead of it taking about 10-15 minutes to get all that body mass dry:D
xx

Being able to go for a walk, rather then a painful drag the feet miles behind my OH moaning x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

deeby said:
I dont have to do a highly tuned contortionist manoevre to wipe my own backside !!!!
I can dried after a shower in a couple of minutes instead of it taking about 10-15 minutes to get all that body mass dry:D
xx

Loving ( and totally relating to as im only 4 weeks post band) the wiping of the backside comment - made me chuckle for ages !!!

Michelle x

my bum doesn't knock things over in shops anymore.

yorkiegal said:
my bum doesn't knock things over in shops anymore.

Or more embarrassingly, in the office!! Ooft!!

Loving this thread!

Can go into any restaurant without first checking out whether the chairs have arm rests! I fit into all chairs now pretty much :)

I had to get the cord on my coil cut because it was hanging to low because of the weight I had lost inside (gross I know), Karen x

Loving this thread!

Can go into any restaurant without first checking out whether the chairs have arm rests! I fit into all chairs now pretty much :)
Me too. I went to the cinema on saturday. It wasn't untill yesterday that I realised that I had no problem sitting in the seats. My bum/hips didn't touch the sides! Yay!!

Back