• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

the diet before the op

Tonibones10

Im Finally Getting There!
I know I'm a long way off yet but I was just wondering what a general days diet was like for the liver shrink diet and how ling did everyone do it for? Xx

Sent from my HTC Hero using WLSurgery

its usually either the milk diet which is just milk and yogurt, or very low fat low carb diet and they go on for between 10 days and 4 weeks on average x

Caren said:
its usually either the milk diet which is just milk and yogurt, or very low fat low carb diet and they go on for between 10 days and 4 weeks on average x

As in just milk and yogurt? I have been asked to do it for 3 weeks but she said we don't have to do the milk one because we would be on that texture after the op so people who didn't do milk and yogurt what did you have?, lol Xx

the thought of dairy products and pineapple juice together make me feel sick lol

I will obviously be told when my time comes but its very interesting to hear how different each hospital/surgeon treats each op Xx

MissyMustDoIt said:
the thought of dairy products and pineapple juice together make me feel sick lol

Haha yeah me too especially cos my son poured some in a glass of milk a week or so ago and the look of it made me sick Haha! Xx

its very dependant on surgeon and are im on a 10 day liver diet which consists of clear soup no lumps or milk/milk protein allowed,sugar free jelly,black tea,bovril,water and no added sugar squash and once a day im allowed 1 small glass of pure pineapple juice...xx

Ewwwwwwwwww you poor thing that sounds bloody awful, you deserve a pat on he back chick!

LOL - me too!

I am on the Cambridge plan, I really dont like milk BUT I tbh I would follow any plan for 2weeks to enable my goal to be achieved...its such a short period of time in the scheme of things!

Ewwwwwwwwww you poor thing that sounds bloody awful, you deserve a pat on he back chick!

LOL - me too!

I am on the Cambridge plan, I really dont like milk BUT I tbh I would follow any plan for 2weeks to enable my goal to be achieved...its such a short period of time in the scheme of things!

Its been hard going but im on the final hurdle now and im chuffed as not cheated once and not given into smoking either but its all gona be worth it on tuesday.. xx

I had to have 4 pints of milk, a salty drink such as a stock cube or bovril, 2 pints of water, a sugar free jelly, and that was it! I did that for a month to lose 5% of my body weight to be allowed to see surgeon, then again for two weeks prior to surgery. The first few days are the worst, but I soon got used to it!

I had to have 4 pints of milk, a salty drink such as a stock cube or bovril, 2 pints of water, a sugar free jelly, and that was it! I did that for a month to lose 5% of my body weight to be allowed to see surgeon, then again for two weeks prior to surgery. The first few days are the worst, but I soon got used to it!

That's brilliant, shows how committed you were :) xx

snagglepuss said:

Omg! Well done you! As if they made you do that! Mine have said all I have to do is maintain my weight and the liver shrink diet xxx

Its standard practice at Luton & Dunstable Hospital - they make everyone lose 5% of their body weight before you are allowed to meet your surgeon, no matter how large or small you are - it proves commitment I think, and also prepares you mentally for the idea of changing your diet habits forever. :)

I found it made me so much more confident. I stuck to it like glue and that gave me the confidence to know that the bypass was the right thing for me. It also eliminated any worries I had about willpower etc after the op and made it hit home that I had an addiction, rather than just being greedy.

Back