• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre op diet

Sungirl

I start my pre op diet. Not looking forward to it. I'm doing the low fat/no carb chicken diet. I've made myself a menu, so that I can have a different chicken meal each day. Hopefully this will help make it less boring. :)

Sent from my HTC One X using WLSurgery

good luck sungirl, im sure you will be fine :) xxx

good luck sungirl, i start minw tomorrow but iv opted for the milk diet xxx

Good luck, I've got another couple of weeks until I start mine.

I did the low fat/low carb diet but was allowed lean meat OR fish OR chicken OR egg. I varied what I had each day, though I didn't do it for long...
If it helps, I found that putting salt and vinegar on salad made it more enjoyable than just salad without mayo.
Good luck.

I'm doing the same as Ceejay and I'm on day 9. Going okay although bizarrely yesterday was my most difficult day (perhaps getting a bit bored!). Also make sure you keep fluid intake up otherwise you may have problems with constipation like me!! TMI possibly but worth bearing in mind..Tracey xxx

Good luck! I'm sure you will be fine. Stick with it, the rewards are fantastic :D x

gonnabethinner said:
Best of luck sungirl. What are you having done and when? keep us posted.

I'm having the gastric band done on 11th Aug. Can't wait :)

dimond said:
good luck sungirl, i start minw tomorrow but iv opted for the milk diet xxx

Thanks. I wasn't offered the milk diet. I suppose its different depending where you have it done. x

ceejay said:
I did the low fat/low carb diet but was allowed lean meat OR fish OR chicken OR egg. I varied what I had each day, though I didn't do it for long...
If it helps, I found that putting salt and vinegar on salad made it more enjoyable than just salad without mayo.
Good luck.

Unfortunately, I don't like fish, so it's just chicken and egg for me!

Thanks for the salt & vinegar tip, I'll give it a go :)

Tracey1404 said:
I'm doing the same as Ceejay and I'm on day 9. Going okay although bizarrely yesterday was my most difficult day (perhaps getting a bit bored!). Also make sure you keep fluid intake up otherwise you may have problems with constipation like me!! TMI possibly but worth bearing in mind..Tracey xxx

Lol, you don't have too long left then. I'm drinking for England at the mo, cos I'm starving, but will stick with it as the end result will be brilliant :)

Day 2 of my pre op diet, the food has been ok , but had a head ache by end of day one and then woke up with a head ache on day two. Apparently, they are meant to subside by day 3 or 4. Let's hope so, as not too pleasant :(

I suffered a terrible headache at the end of day 1, but this seemed to shift by the end of day 2. I think it's your body going through withdrawal from all the chemicals and additives found in regular food....

Keep going Hun not long now xxx

Day 5 of my pre op diet, not too bad now, headaches gone. I've lost 6lbs so far! Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can use as a salad dressing, 0 cals. I've tried the vinegar suggestion but need a change now. :)

Day 5 of my pre op diet, not too bad now, headaches gone. I've lost 6lbs so far! Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can use as a salad dressing, 0 cals. I've tried the vinegar suggestion but need a change now. :)

Soya sauce with a little fresh chilli &/ or spring onion, balsamic vinegar

Back