• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The dreaded BUG!!!

joey80

Was jus after info, has ne 1 had the sickness bug wiv the band?? does it effect the band? i had the trotts other day n was feeling slightly sick but luckely i wernt, i know it not a nice subject but would b nice to know xxx

I have had a sickness bug with my band, its not pleasent - it hurts more.

I gave myself extra time to recover from any swelling etc before going back to food.

There was a post on here the other day about being sick with the band, whilst I havent been sick personally from food its important to know that you can still be sick the normal way.

Was jus after info, has ne 1 had the sickness bug wiv the band?? does it effect the band? i had the trotts other day n was feeling slightly sick but luckely i wernt, i know it not a nice subject but would b nice to know xxx

Can't answer your question, hunny but hope you feel better soon, mwah xxx :wave_cry:

at the mo im jus feeling sick, but im still eating perhaps it cause im full of cold but always good to know, i guessed it might hurt as (i know this gonna sound disgusting) when being sick it comes out at a force n if band is inflated then it gonna have to squeeze through. oh god i really need to stop thinking lol x

I dreaded being sick too & have only actually been sick once ... bit of a non event. Not my favourite pass time, but nothing like as bad as I was expecting & I did feel better afterwards. Think it might be different for banders but often find that the thought of it is worse than the actual event. ((hugs Joey)) xx :wave_cry:

Oh dear I feel for you. Hope u feel better very soon lots of hugs xxx

I am just recovering from two days of sickness bug. At first I thought it was my fault and I had eaten something that didn't agree with the band if you know what I mean. It wasn't pleasant but the good thing is that at least as my consumption had been less, there was less to come back up through the band. I had a lot of slime (just like if you PB) and then projectile vomiting of bile (such a glamorous sight stood on the hard shoulder of the motorway!) Anyway after a good nights sleep, I have focussed today on having fluids only (soup / slimfast ). Think I am going to use this as the opportunity to work my way through Mazza's 5 day pouch test to give myself time to recover (just as I would after a band fill).:greenapple:

I am just recovering from two days of sickness bug. At first I thought it was my fault and I had eaten something that didn't agree with the band if you know what I mean. It wasn't pleasant but the good thing is that at least as my consumption had been less, there was less to come back up through the band. I had a lot of slime (just like if you PB) and then projectile vomiting of bile (such a glamorous sight stood on the hard shoulder of the motorway!) Anyway after a good nights sleep, I have focussed today on having fluids only (soup / slimfast ). Think I am going to use this as the opportunity to work my way through Mazza's 5 day pouch test to give myself time to recover (just as I would after a band fill).:greenapple:
glad you are feeling better now :) xxx

Nice to take something positive from every experience ... hope you feel much better now, honey xxx :wave_cry:

Poor you FB :( What a shame ... At least you can see a sunny side :)
...and the funny side! Roll on weigh-day.

Back