• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The Great British Fry Up

Peterborough Guy

Luton and Dunstable
Well, how bad of this is me.

I had to go to the doctors this morning, and had a little time, so I popped into a little cafe that I know for a coffee.

It suddenly dawned on me, that all around me, people were having full fry ups.

Now that's not a problem as such, before I would have been joining them lol, but all I could think in my head was, blimey how many calories are you eating at breakfast.

Generally people were ordering bacon, sausages, fried eggs, baked beans, tomatoes , mushroom and 2 slices of toast.

At 9.00 one of them even had chips with it.

I'm sorry, I hope this doesn't offend anyone, as I said, not so long ago, I would of joined them like a shot.

It just actually brings it to a head, how much you can and will change on your wls journey.

I know exactly what you mean - you will notice a lot of things like that on your journey.... a lot of my friends and family have the same recognitions now too just from watching the change in my eating habits and they can't believe how much extra food they consume without realising it - they all tend to chew and take their time more too - mainly so they are not sitting there bored whilst I trudge through my meals :) xx

I can't believe the size of some peoples portions! I didn't realise before my band just how much I was eating on one plate and then seconds and pudding.
I find it hard not to comment on my OH's meal sizes, but then he is not fat anyway....the git!

God...the amount of food I used to eat was ridiculous. Just before my band op, I bought a box of 10 donuts from sainsburys and lied to myself that I would share them with the family.
I ate all ten of them, they were lush and I didn't even feel sick afterwards!
I have lots of stories like that!! lol

I have lots of stories like that too lol. The thought of eating even a tiny portion of the stuff I used to makes me grimace.

We're worse than ex smokers lol.

I must admit I'm missing my full breakfast lol
Even though I grilled bacon and used fry light for my egg :)
Missing chewing even though over the years I've chewed and sucked enough chocolate for 30 people haha
oh and I used to buy a 2 pack of cream buns on shopping day for me and my Hubby but I used to eat both before I left
The supermarket car park haha xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I can eat a slice of grilled bacon, a proper fried egg in real oil but obviously not swimming in it when I eat it and my favourite bit of all is warm tinned tomatoes with a little bit of bread dipped in it. Its the bread that would make me dump if I had more than one dips worth.
MMMM lovely.
I have only had it twice post op and I do struggle to eat it all.
Lynne x

wizzbang said:
I can eat a slice of grilled bacon, a proper fried egg in real oil but obviously not swimming in it when I eat it and my favourite bit of all is warm tinned tomatoes with a little bit of bread dipped in it. Its the bread that would make me dump if I had more than one dips worth.
MMMM lovely.
I have only had it twice post op and I do struggle to eat it all.
Lynne x

My mouth is watering lol back to the soup for me :( hehe xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

My shopping bill for bread has reduced drastically,I was always moaning at others in the house for eating all the bread It was me!Two thick wmeal toast for brekkie,two for sandwich later,two with cheese on for lunch,two for supper toasted.

You will be suprised what doesnt bother you in a few weeks time,I hardly ever even think about food!I dont think I would bother shopping if it wasnt for Hubby and son!

Me too bouncy. I only eat when I have to and I dont particularly enjoy it when I do eat.
I still love a cuppa though lol.
I know what you mean about bread pre op. If i could put it between two pieces of bread and eat it, then I would!
Lynne x

Mmmm Colin Farrell between two thick slices of bread.....
Well a girl can dream,I cant have either!

Back