• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The Hospital Group or Healthier weight

If you check through the forums here you will find an awful lot of people who have used hospital group and a variety of different opinions, from those who have had a good experience to those who haven't.

I had mine done with Healthier Weight and had my band fitted Aug 23rd. I have to say they have been wonderful. I specifically chose them due to the levels of post op care, their follow up care programme and the warranty I also got for 3 years post band. I also would only go (from personal choice) with a surgeon that had a zero % mortality rate due to my fear of anaesthetic.

Pre-op stuff was well handled, I had my consultation and the surgery was booked, I had it done at Spire in birmingham with Mr Super and the level of care was excellent and again since my op. Regular contact, excellent guidance and information with how to work with the band. Not once have they led me to believe that the band is the answer and will do all the work . . .far from it. Its a tool and they will help you with how to work it.

They weren't the cheapest and due to my BMI my surgery with them cost £7500 but its been the best service and level of aftercare. They have their own forum where you can chat specifically with HW patients, who also do meets and get togethers and give each other phone support if needed. But they are also there to help should anything go wrong and on a couple of occasions where people have posted they were struggling, they have responded on the forum to encourage them to visit to sort things out.

I cannot fault them. I am due to go for another fill on thursday, and although I am losing more than they suggest is usual they do work with individuals according to how and when you need those fills so its very closely monitored to your individual needs.

Having read so many things about THG and the fact I didn't have a very hood experience from them when I was enquiring about surgery, Im glad about the choice I made, especially when you hear so many people having issues for post op care and service which seems to be an issue for some. HW all the way for me and glad I made that choice :)

Thanku for the reply :) ive read a couple of things about thg but couldnt seem to find anything on healthier weight, do they offer finance? Did you have the scarfree procudure? :)

No, I had normal procedure. The SILS was an extra £1000 and due to my BMI the price was already a little higher.

I did however have on an offer the 3 year post surgery warranty. They do different offers at different times and that was on when I had my consultation and booked.

There is another member here booked to have a SILS with HW in January with Prof Favretti and I believe it had £1000 off the price so similar price to the normal procedure.

They don't offer finance other than an ability to break down the payments, and pay perhaps over 6 months or year. I honestly don't know as I didn't take finance of any sort to pay for mine.

But give them a call or request their info, I was actually in contact with them for almost 3 years before I finally booked. And since having surgery have also chatted on the forum to those people who feature in their literature with their success stories, so its nice to be able to know that they are real and to hear their experiences.

I was due to have a fill tomorrow but had to cancel it due to a knee strain, they've been great tho and after I left a message, I received an email confirming they had cancelled but it even wished me a speedy knee recovery. I find although its a business, their service is very personal.

I went with THG and I have had no complaints. A great experience. Having said that I have had nothing go wrong. I do have a two year aftercare package but have had no reason to use it, apart from the band fills. It tends mostly to be the horror stories you hear about. Sometimes related to the band, but sometimes it can be other health issues unrelated to the band, but which become evident after the op. best of luck with whichever provider you choose :)

Back