• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The Hospital Group - Surgicare

Wobbly71

Hi everyone, I am looking into gastric banding as - have been struggling for years and feel like I need help!

I have looked online for private clinics and am swayed by price. Wanting to spend around 5000.

I have a consultation thursday with the hospital group and have just come across surgicare as well.

Does anyone have any opinions or facts about either? Would be lovely to hear someone who has been with either of these providors.

Thabks x x

Hi. I was banded at Dolan Park on Saturday 3 August. I was impressed with service from consultation to discharge. No nonsense, no sell whatsoever and very patient focussed. I have nothing to compare against, but from my experience they are worth visiting for a consultation. I cannot comment on aftercare as too early!! Tracey x

No sorry I went with wlsgroup who are fab and deliver on their promises!

I have had fab aftercare with the hospital group over the past 13 months.

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

I had a band fitted 4 weeks ago with the hospital group. Cannot fault the surgeon, staff or hospital. Felt like a little holiday actually :D
Never come across surgicare though... Ah hold on are they the finance company? Well I gave them everything they asked for 3 months of bank statments and payslips and only wanted part funding and they wanted me to have another person do the same to support the loan!!
I thought are you serious we have absolutely no depts and no loans or store cards and you cannot even finance £2,000 without a third party being involved? So I told them thanks but no thanks.
So I found the total £5,000 on my own no finance, with a little help from family which I paid back in full already. If that is who I think you are taking about, I think they were asking for the moon in a sling and am glad as I am all paid off of my own bat!

Last edited:
Hi, I had my gastric band fitted at Dolan park nearly a month ago and the company I used was Surgicare. Absolutely fantastic, couldn't fault them, excellent care, not pressured at all. Staff very kindand interested.

Thanks for your replies everyone.

Surgicare came up when I searched on google.

Not wanting finance.

How much did you pay jo with wlssurgery group?

The hospital group have said over fone it would be 4995 and 200 for private transport.

Sorry one more thing.

How long did you wait from initial appointment to surgery date?

Hi, I'm going with the Hospital Group at Dolan Park. Had my appointment on the 28th July and having my band on the 30th September, but could have had it earlier, but I am taking annual leave from work to have it etc. They were professional and no hard sell, just the facts etc. Good luck! :)

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Back