• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

West Midland Hospitals-waiting times

It's_me said:
wow! Only 10 days. I havn't done anything about it over the holiday period but I shall phone Walsall Manor and tell what I have decided. I am leaning towards changing to Little Aston just want to confirm with them current waiting times (as it it a private hospital I doubt it will be long but I just want some kind of confirmation).....So excited!

Woohoo!!! Exciting!!!

MissyMustDoIt said:
where can i find out about this please? x

There is a thread in the support group section of the forum. A few of us go. The next one is Wed 18th Jan 6.30-8.30. Up the escalators in the main entrance building. Next to boots. Open to any wl patients and you can bring someone if you like. If you drive, hand your parking ticket in at the group and you get your parking for £2 x

There is a thread in the support group section of the forum. A few of us go. The next one is Wed 18th Jan 6.30-8.30. Up the escalators in the main entrance building. Next to boots. Open to any wl patients and you can bring someone if you like. If you drive, hand your parking ticket in at the group and you get your parking for £2 x

awww thanks for the info, i wont be attending any yet...feel like a bit of a fraud at the moment, on here, wanting an operation, mingling with you all that have had the op or granted funding....ive literally gone to the doctors lol..

maybe when im a little further down the journey :Dx

IMHO it is the very best time to start going. You get to talk to others, have a laugh, gain some invaluable knowledge :)

When you do decide to come, it will be lovely to meet you. I only got my funding 24th December for op at Heartlands :)

IMHO it is the very best time to start going. You get to talk to others, have a laugh, gain some invaluable knowledge :)

When you do decide to come, it will be lovely to meet you. I only got my funding 24th December for op at Heartlands :)

what if i meet you all, get myself all geared up and ready for this op and then they refuse funding? thats what worries me,

Ive just googled and found what i think is the criteria for SSPCT and it states BMI 50>...i dont think i meet the criteria :(

heres the link http://www.southstaffordshirepct.nhs.uk/policies/Commissioning/PolicyNo10BariatricSurgery.pdf

OMG the last 2 pages are funding application......its a tick box! lol

ooww i hope they write more than that for me lol

oohh and im confused, im presuming im with Heartlands, but they are not listed as a trusted hospital on the last page of that document...hmmmm

is it the doctors surgery that determins the PCT or the doctor? im currently under 2 as one is retiring and the other is taking over, one is SSPCT and listed as so, but the new one isnt...i need to be writing all these questions down haha

Back