• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

West Midland Hospitals-waiting times

It's_me

Hi all,

I am a patient at Walsall Manor Hospital waiting for a Gastric Bypass and today I received a telephone call from the co-ordinator who asked if I would consider being transferred to either Heartlands Hospital, Spire Little Aston Hospital or Telford Hospital.

I am due to have my pre-operative assessents end of feb/beginning of March at Walsall Manor so initially didn't want to transfer hospitals and potentially delay my operation (although switching hospitals may also shorten my waiting time).

Does anyone had their operations at these hospitals? what was their experience of the op and aftercare?

Also does anyone know of current waiting times at these hospitals.

Thanks in advance.

Nadine

It's_me said:
Hi all,

I am a patient at Walsall Manor Hospital waiting for a Gastric Bypass and today I received a telephone call from the co-ordinator who asked if I would consider being transferred to either Heartlands Hospital, Spire Little Aston Hospital or Telford Hospital.

I am due to have my pre-operative assessents end of feb/beginning of March at Walsall Manor so initially didn't want to transfer hospitals and potentially delay my operation (although switching hospitals may also shorten my waiting time).

Does anyone had their operations at these hospitals? what was their experience of the op and aftercare?

Also does anyone know of current waiting times at these hospitals.

Thanks in advance.

Nadine

Hi I had my first appointment. Dec 17 th 2010 second appointment April 1st 2011 and put on waiting list and had my pre ops on the 9th and 13 th dec 2011 and I am having my gastric bypass on the 30th dec 2011 so excited 9 days to go but think walsall are getting there acts together at last but changing his a hard choice have you had first appointments at Walsall yet or will that be your first appointment good luck

Hi Mecca,

I am on the waiting list at Walsall Manor, I went on the list 1st August 2011. I had my first appointment in August 2010 but it took longer than normal because my file was archived and my GP didn't follow BEN PCTS' pathway and I had to appeal.

I spoke with Tracey today and she said my pre-ops with be feb/mar 2012 . So I amonly a couple of months behind you. You must be really excited now.

I had my op with Mr Khan at Little Aston care was fantastic as you would expect with a private hospital.
I was NHS by the way

Hi Lamornamiss,

were you referred directly to Little Aston? or were you transferred from another hospital?

I met another lady tonight who has also been phoned and offered the same....

had first appointment March 2010 and op in July this year.

It's_me said:
Hi Mecca,

I am on the waiting list at Walsall Manor, I went on the list 1st August 2011. I had my first appointment in August 2010 but it took longer than normal because my file was archived and my GP didn't follow BEN PCTS' pathway and I had to appeal.

I spoke with Tracey today and she said my pre-ops with be feb/mar 2012 . So I amonly a couple of months behind you. You must be really excited now.

Hi can't wait for next week to come get done and dusted .it your choice what ever you decide . Walsall have speeded up last couple months I think .good luck

Last edited:
I met another lady tonight who has also been phoned and offered the same....

Minoots, its the same lady from support group who is asking :D

What did you decided its_me?

you might find you get another call from walsall anyway. Tracey told me my pre op was likely to be march or april time, then i had a letter for pre op on 5th jan, then got a call on 22nd december asking me to go the same day for pre op. my op date has now been set for 5th jan. they told me they've opened a ward up for 3 months to get as many done as poss and bring the waiting list down. good luck whatever you decide x

What support group?

Heartlands hospital support group for west midlands wls patients

I am planning on coming to the Walsall group next week :)

Fuffs you are misinformed. There is not a Walsall Support Group Meeting next week. At least not the one supported by Walsall Manor Hospital.

The Walsall Massive (so called because we are one big massive family) meet on the 16th January at 7.30 at Harrisons Sports & Social Club @ Great Wyrley and you will be most welcome :)

Thanks Julie :) It must be a more none official one x

wow! Only 10 days. I havn't done anything about it over the holiday period but I shall phone Walsall Manor and tell what I have decided. I am leaning towards changing to Little Aston just want to confirm with them current waiting times (as it it a private hospital I doubt it will be long but I just want some kind of confirmation).....So excited!

Back