• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The op?

bypass2012

Hi guys, just wondering how long use all had to wait for your op after your pre op? I have my pre op on thursday and have no idea how it usually takes?

I just got told in dec I was on the waiting list and that I should expect my bypass around feb time? Does my pre op seem early if that is the case?

Thanks in advance :) xx

Hi B, The pre op usually happens within a week of the op. They like to get it as close to the op time as poss. Best wishes

Hello welcome on board.
It depends where you are as to how things run in that area.

with any op a pre op is normally quite close (ie 1-2 weeks)

they check your bloods, your health (any colds or infections) your BP....so it would be silly of them to do it 4-6 weeks before....

BLIMEY!!! happy new year for your op!! x

hi i had my pre-op in July and was told first week in september, my op date was 25th November... so i gues its when they are available to do it x

I had my pre op done on the 19th September and then got a phone call on the 30th September for my op date on the 16th November so I was given 6 weeks notice from the phone call.

im suprised at some of the timescales here!! ive had 4 ops now..(obv not bariatric lol) and the pre op has been a week or two before,

im sorry for mis informing you!

im suprised at some of the timescales here!! ive had 4 ops now..(obv not bariatric lol) and the pre op has been a week or two before,

you're not misinforming honey, thats how its been for you :) xxx

I had my pre op asse back in Nov and my pre op diet started on th 9th Dec, My op is 9th Jan

Like Caren said, there is no misinformation here.. every district run differently and we may well have different experiences from each other.

I was very surprised that I had to wait 8 weeks to be honest; when I got my pre op appointment I was sure I would be given a date at that appointment for my op and was in a right panic. The 6 weeks notice I got was very handy to put everything into place that I needed to do before heading off into hospital :)

My Pre op was 21st december and my op is 6th Jan.

Hope it all goes well for you hunni. Good luck!

At Salford a pre op lasts for three months. However, having had your pre op doesn't mean you will have the op within three months. I had my pre op on 12th October and my op is no 30th January. I will probably have to have a mini pre op before then.

I always though the pre op is where the 18 week rule starts so have to have op within 18 weeks or hospital does not hit their target. I could be talking absolutely bxxxxs though :) x

weeble said:
At Salford a pre op lasts for three months. However, having had your pre op doesn't mean you will have the op within three months. I had my pre op on 12th October and my op is no 30th January. I will probably have to have a mini pre op before then.

Similar situation here - pre-op assessments last 3 months and aim is for surgery to be within that 3 month window.

In reality my op happened on December 16th after pre-op on August 22nd so just inside the window. If the op had been after that 3 month window of opportunity theming would have had to go back for another assessment.

Tatiana

mine was exactly 2 weeks b4 my op date...i already knew date of op wen went for pre op x

I got my date for my op then recieved my letter for pre op which was 7 days b4 my bypass op

I always though the pre op is where the 18 week rule starts so have to have op within 18 weeks or hospital does not hit their target. I could be talking absolutely bxxxxs though :) x

i thought the 18 week rule started once you got your funding?????

Back