• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How long after

soni_gal

Hey guys am new to this was told about this group at my group psychology meeting....I have my second group session on Monday and the lady at homerton called Pinky told me that after the second session I should get a call on we'd/Thursday letting me know the date for my op????

My question is how many weeks from that phone call until op date can it be???? How long did u guys wait....also hiw many weeks after op can u travel long haul flight....???

Thanking you in advance

Hello newbie!
I think I waited about 6 weeks then got a call from pinky with my date !
I was so excited when she called me
hope you get your call soon

Thank you so much for replying....

How long did you have to do the pre op diet for????

Sorry I have sooo many questions in my head....and did u manage to lose 5-10% weight????

Hey guys am new to this was told about this group at my group psychology meeting....I have my second group session on Monday and the lady at homerton called Pinky told me that after the second session I should get a call on we'd/Thursday letting me know the date for my op????

My question is how many weeks from that phone call until op date can it be???? How long did u guys wait....also hiw many weeks after op can u travel long haul flight....???

Thanking you in advance

Hope you get your date soon

I had to do my pre op diet for 4 weeks ! I picked the 1000 low cal version have to say I did good on it did have a couple of slip ups but didnt throw the towel in I lose around 1 stone through sheer flipping hard work!

Hope you get your date soon and good luck with it all! xx

I was told by my team

short hall fights (2hrs or less) were 4 weeks post op
Medium hall flights (2-5hrs) were 8 weeks out
Long hall flights (5hr+) were 12 weeks out

But each team is different, just ask at your next session or even when you have the op xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Thank you for answering my questions ladies.....I feel much better although i have a holiday booked in December I dnt know what to do.....hoping op will be within the next 4-5 weeks so I have over 4 weeks to recover.....

I just dnt want to turn down the date hospital gives me....I've waited for this and it's going to be a wish coming true and can't cancel holidays my daughters will be soo upset

Dilemma dilemma dilemma!!!!!!

Thanking you in advance

Hello I'm a newbie just like you I'm also at Homerton, I'm just waiting to go to my first appointment, good luck x x

From Pinky call I was 3 weeks until op, did 2 weeks of slim fast shakes. Flew to Spain 12 days post op against Homerton advise but got it cleared by my GP!

My first Homerton appointment was 21 Jan 2014 surgery 31 April 2014 so not a long wait!

I'd recommend getting along to the patient support groups on the 3rd Thursday PM of each month, they're AMAZING and very supportive and informative.

From Pinky call I was 3 weeks until op, did 2 weeks of slim fast shakes. Flew to Spain 12 days post op against Homerton advise but got it cleared by my GP! My first Homerton appointment was 21 Jan 2014 surgery 31 April 2014 so not a long wait! I'd recommend getting along to the patient support groups on the 3rd Thursday PM of each month, they're AMAZING and very supportive and informative.
Hello Wow you didn't have to wait long for surgery, hope I don't have to wait to long x

OMG Stacey that was super quick I hope when I get my call this week my op will be done in 3 weeks....I've gt holiday booked for the 10th December......

My first appointment was july 22nd and I am hoping my op for 1st week of November I'll be well chuffed

Back