• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

the way I feel 6 months down the line

susiecute56

I had my op on 13th Jan 2014, walking down to the theatre my legs were like jelly but felt like lead then you have to get yourself up on the operating table when I was lay there I suddenly thought this might be the last thing I remember and got upset the nurse said was I alright I just thought that this was self inflicted and how much I would miss everyone I love if I didn't make it next thing my husband was sitting by my bed and not being in pain a little sore and uncomfortable so thought that's good.
I read in the paperwork that I was given that fluids should be sipped 20ml every hour for the first few hours well needless to say my tongue felt swollen and very dry my Dr said free fluids which meant I could drink freely when I told him the next day he said to rip it up and I felt very foolish.
Then I'd asked if I could bring my own pillows in and was told make sure the pillowcases are bright so the nurses don't take them , I was dosing off and a man's head appeared tellingly me to get out of his f-----g bed and started pulling my covers so rang the buzzer seemed to take a very long time to come my aid he was swearing alot andhe wanted my pillows it was scarry because I was stuck to the drip and couldn't move so when this little girl turned up I wasn't impressed .more to follow -...

Back