• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Another 7 months

Hi, I'm on the waiting list at St Richards for a bypass, was referred in Oct 08 and had a letter beginning of Nov 08 saying it was a 6-7 month wait for the initial appointment. After reading your comments, I will now double that waiting time!
Does anyone know what the procedure is from the first appointment until you get the op date? how long it might take, what other hoops you have to jump threw?

Thanks
Lx

Its odd that I never got any letter from St Richards about a waiting list. I contacted them in October 2008 after my referral by my GP at end of July 2008 cos I'd not heard anything and got an email from Christine to say it would be Jan/Feb before I would hear anything! I'm guessing it will be August for the operation itself (although some sort of notification would be nice!!!!) You start to worry that perhaps you've got 'lost in the system' somehow and will have to start all over again....NO...........argh!!!!!

Hi there Orchid

I know how hard it is waiting, my journey started about 2 yrs ago and I still don't have a date. All I can suggest, as hard as it is, is try not to make the surgery the focus of your life. Push it to the back of your mind, find yourself a project to focus on so that you can feel you are achieving at something whilst you are waiting.

It is VERY frustrating I know, good luck :)

The acknowledgement letters are a new thing - Christine said they started doing them in October. SO dont worry if you dont have one.
xx

Back