• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

THERE'S NOWT AS QUEER AS FOLK

BlueDiamond

Hiya Guys and Gals

As the title states " There's nothing as queer as folk" , has to share as this tickled me pink lol.

I have a friend whom I have known for donkeys years and yet in all my weight loss since been banded, not once and I mean ONCE has she ever said to me well done on your weight loss:sigh: I have told her today I lost another 2lbs this week :D (yay me) and 2lbs short of losing 7st stone ( yay me again,lol) and all she said was (wait for it ) OK, and that was it . Dont get me wrong I don't need or seek other peoples praise but I cannot fathom why other people ( not all) don't have the manners/comprehension to say " good on ya girl" or "well done"..................as the title says - theres nothing as queer as folk - Lmao - Have a good day and thanks for reading - MeJulie xxx

I know, yet the same people would be quick to give advice and tell you where you're going wrong if you complain pre op that you couldn't lose weight!

Well done 7st off WOW, my friend told me i won't keep it up when i told her how much i had lost.xx

I bought a size 16 Laura Ashley dress last year just after my op and my dad said
"Don't know why you bought that you will never fit into it"
Then I told him I had already lost 3 stone to which he replied
"Yes but don't worry you will soon put it back on"
He has never said well done or even commented on my weight loss

Friends eh? Just keep smiling at her you may find she was only your friend cos you were bigger than her !

I agree take no notice, she probably doesnt even see your weight as an issue, hence the lack of reaction at least I hope thats the reason and its not the green eyed monster hiding. Congrats on the weight you have lost, you have done brilliantly xx

7stones! bloody hell.... if she was a bloke id say possibly...some men are really stupid...but a woman..she has obvioulsy noticed but doesnt like to comment on ur success....

have the same issues with some 'friends' here!

Hi Blue im experencing something similar with my overweight sister. Today we visited another of our sisters who has not seen me since 4 days after my op im now 8 weeks post op. 2nd sister was saying how good i looked etc etc when first sister stood up in the middle of the conversation and lifter her top to reveal the waistband on her trousers and say how do you think im doing (she is on slim fast diet). I had a wee chuckle to myself as she has been really odd recently and it all fitted into place. She has never once asked how i feel but likes to know about all the negative aspects of WLS i now just smile and carry on. Congratulations on the weight loss thats fantastic.

:)Well done julie-from me & I think that rep I just gave you -
gives a very well deserved SILVER STAR:)

Well done Julie, Did she comment about how much weight you'd put on when you were fatter? If not, she probably sees only you and not the packaging and is therefore following her norm.

I havent experienced it with friends that know (only 2) but no-one at work knows and (I think) it's so obvious I have lost 3 stone, but I have been shocked that no-one has commented? Is this because they are too polite, or really dont give a stuff (the latter I suspect!)

This week i gained 1.5 lb and told trev in the same tone of voice i use to tell him i lost weight n he said 'great'. Maybe ylur friend was just not listening x

Back