• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Things taken into hospital with you

holliepop

Hi i was just wondering if anyone had taken anything funny or unusual into hospital with them i,ve got to take my grandaughters build a bear in with me to keep me company because i promised her i would its a purple bug called dottie a bit silly i know but at least i,ll be able to give it a hug and think of her x

I had little cards and readings from my church friends, they gave me so much comfort and they really helped me stay calm cooland collected ready for my op. xx

yeah thats what i was thinking about my granddaughters build a bear i think it will give me comfort x

i took a cuddly dog with me and i'm glad i did :) xx

I didn't take anything unusual in,but did take far too much!
Take just what you need,you will honestly sleeping most of the time.
The best thing I took was soft bra's(so wounds don't get rubbed by wire)
Nighties,pjs bottoms may also rub on wounds and dry mouth spray was best things I took x

thanks for the advice emma louise i,ve bought nighties i usually wear pyjamas but thought they might rub x

Nothing funny but the best things I took were dry moth spray, lip balm, hand cream, ear plugs and a big soft pillow to hold on my tum on the way home ! I took face and baby wipes too though the hospital actually provided a large pack of wipes.
xx

Miss Tickle said:
Nothing funny but the best things I took were dry moth spray, lip balm, hand cream, ear plugs and a big soft pillow to hold on my tum on the way home ! I took face and baby wipes too though the hospital actually provided a large pack of wipes.
xx

Ahh yes the pillow for home time!
It would have been a nightmare without that in the car x

Thing I forgot was lip balm coz never usually use it. My sister had to bring some in & how I needed it.

I'm making a list and pillow is at the top, just in case hospital ones are in plastic underneath that crisp cotton covering!! Otherwise minimal - well that's the plan xx

I took my own pillow for the journey home , took books with me but was in too much pain to read and very tired xx

my phone is a must!! Ive got to be able to get hold of my twink :) (gawd that sounds bad) hahahahaha xxx

THe nurse at my pre op said pjs would be betta than a nighty cos when they come to look at your wounds you only have to lift everything up whereas with pj's is only the top to lift. as long as they elastic waist n not too tight you will be fine, only used my nighty after he op for the first visitting then went into gym jams, personally found it ok. xx

Back