• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Think I have a stomach ulcer - or the startings of one....

novamay

Born Free
I have had pretty bad indigestion for about 6-8 weeks now - its there constantly, and a couple of weeks ago I had a very painful night of indigestion - tried to take Rennies but they made no difference and I couldnt even get some warm water down without severe pain. I had to take the day off work as Id been up all night with it.

I went to the docs Wednesday (after being told by OH to get it seen to - he's sick on me going on and pulling faces every five minutes!) and he gave me some PPIs to reduce the acid production. Have to take them for a month and go back if it returns or hasn't gone away at all. I had my bloods taken yesteday to test for h.pylori. I hope its not an ulcer! Also have a persistent cough - hope they're not connected...

Typical - you get over one hurdle and another thing just crops up. Dontcha just love life???

Hope this doesn't scupper my chances of getting the balloon!

aw , dont worry to much ,sure doc will sort you ,have you had the camera down? ,that would show if you had the start of an ulcer , have a chat with gp ,safer x good luck x

Hi Dawn, no not had camera yet - just got the pills on Wednesday so they've not kicked in yet - so still gurning away!!! Got to do them for a month and then go back... and see what bloods say. could just by hpylori infection whch I think they can treat with Anti-biotics. Fingers crossed that's all it is!

i had that back in sept ,heli something,,was a course of anti biotics , i also had some polyps removed,it was instant relief,i suffered with reflux with my gall stones to,so hopefully they will sort you out ,good luck x,one thing seems to start something else off eh? ,,lol gotta laugh,or we; cry x

Thats horrible for you.
I know exactly the uncomfortable pain you are talking about. I had it happen a few years ago and I was in bloomin agony.
I had eaten some cucumber and that is what started it off. It wasnt indigestion though, it was a reaction. I was given those anti ulcer pills that we all take, I can never remember the bl oody name of them sorry, and I was feeling much better within a couple of days. I only had to take them for a week. Now of course I take them every day.
Hope you feel better soon.

I'm such a baby - I hate the feeling that this is giving me - the surges and the acidness in my throat and I feel so bloated. I couldn't sleep much last night - kept getting that horrible biley taste and had to keep sipping water. Wish these tablets would hurry up and work! Just feel like I need a really good burp....

Back