• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm not sure I am getting the hang of this!

LBD

I am struggling with the 'full' feeling and knowing what feelings mean what! lol

When I start eating I get quite a lot of pain - a bit like bad indigestion. I think this is probably me eating too big a bite and too quickly - am I right? It tends to settle down once the big bite has passed and I then remember to slow down and take tiny bites.

Is this restriction?

Once I am comfortable I seem able to eat a reasonable amount although it does take me a long time with the tiny bites lol

I haven't had a fill yet so I have no idea what restriction actually feels like!

I wish I could help - but I didn't want to read and run. x

Hiya

It sounds like restriction to me but as its early days it could still be swelling.

I get the full signal at the top of my stomach - some describe it as an iron fist but for me its just a dull achey kind of feeling.

Try to start eating smaller mouthfulls while you have little or no restriction because when you do have it you could find that you are sick - not nice.

Maz x

As Mazza says, it could well be the swelling as your still in your early days... but it sounds like restriction as this is the same feeling I get. Like a very strong indgestion pain right in the middle of my chest.

Having had the pain a few times in the last 6 months, I now know its because I have taken too big a mouthful & haven't chewed it down enough. Sounds like the same for you, but its trial & error.... for example does it happen with same type of food (I find melted cheese a real challenge) or is it at particular times of the day (I find that my morning restriction is very very tight).

With experience you will figure it out!

Thank you both, your replies are really helpful.

I only tend to get the pain with what I call proper food e.g. meat & toast which I guess is harder to break down and doesn't slide. I don't get it with most other food and am able to eat soft fruit, fish, eggs, crackers, cheese, salad etc without any problems. However I am definitely feeling satisfied more quickly (not necessarily full but satisfied if you know what I mean lol) and my portions are much much smaller than pre-op.

I was told by my dietician not to eat meat or bread until after my fill. I could only have minced meat before my fill and I have had my fill now and I feel like I can eat more than before I had my fill so obviously not at my sweet point!! I do struggle with some foods an I take too big a bite also and if walking around hasnt helped I do have to have a drink to help it move. Not recommended but if it helps. Hope you get the hang of it soon but it is a whole new learning curve and chocolate has been my downfall this week but thats just time of the month boo!!

Back