• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Think I have just messed up

Status
Not open for further replies.

bex986

Am a week post op today

On my diet sheet from the dietician it says soup canned unlimited.
Me being stupid have just had about a 1/4 of a can of pea and ham soup and I didnt put it through a strainer but chewed the bits so they were virtually disintigrated in my mouth, now someone has said I shouldnt have done that (probably shouldnt) but now am extremley paranoid that I have messed up and my stomach is going to leak or something.

Have had a crappy day today, feeling a bit sorry for myself and am really worried I have messed up :-(

Ideally you should have but its done now. Have you got any pain or nausea?

Have no pain or nausea at all

Sounds like you'll be okay hon. We do all heal differently and my team pushed me through the stages faster. Try to make sure you do sieve it from now on.

Definitely will sieve from now on, no idea why I didnt!
Thanks hun x

I've done the same!!
I had oxtail and I make smoothies every day and don't sieve no pain or discomfort at all you'll be fine xx

Ok!

That's enough everyone, I'm removing the posts that are not relevant to this thread and I would ask you all to play nicely.

You must always, always follow your post op eating advice - it's VITAL. You need to heal and get used to the changes you have to make to be successful.

It might not be a popular point of view but please don't think if you are alright one time you will be again.

I'm glad you are ok bex986 and long may it continue xx

I've done the same!!
I had oxtail and I make smoothies every day and don't sieve no pain or discomfort at all you'll be fine xx

I think the problem with your 'advice' is that 'you do it, so its ok'. That is not advice! You have been lucky and continue to be lucky.....the OP's written instructions from her team was for her food to be sieved and she was concerned that she hadn't done that. She was advised by Yvessa (rightly so) that she really shouldn't of done it and to not do it again and to make sure she followed her teams advice. Their instructions are specific to her needs and her op and must be adhered to for her safety and her future journey in weight loss.

I have just answered a thread you started regarding post op fluids only diet and why they must be followed, and I have also read a thread where you, at 2 weeks post op, are eating chocolate and primula cheese when it states quite clearly you should be on fluids ONLY. If you wish to not follow your bariatric teams rules then, of course, please carry on (it is your life, your sleeve, your future weight loss and weight loss maintenance in the balance and your choice!) BUT please do not relay your flagrant disregard of early post op rules to others as ok and normal!

I am only asking this as a nearly 3 year post opper who on many occasions early post op would come here and other weight loss forums asking for advice, I was grateful for all advice and help as I was terrified of hurting myself or jeopardising my weight loss. Please be careful how you give advise in the future.......just because you are doing it.....doesn't mean its ok and you cannot tell a person they will be fine when they are clearly not following their teams particular regime x

Can this be left now please.
I made a mistake, have learnt from my mistake, I never wanted all this arguing to happen from a thread I made about it.

xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back