• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

omg I messed up

It may have 'bean' the sauce rather than the 'bean' and they are really easy to make yourself...make your own pasta sauce; tin of tomato reduced over slow heat with some chopped fine onion and garlic, add a can of cannellini beans and there you have it home made tinned beans - you can leave them in the fridge they last a good week.

Naughty Girl Vicky xxx stick to your liquids... it is temptin to try stuff but you have to... and i mean have to protect your pouch... so stick to the liquids... soft food stage will be here before you know it then you can try them beans again.... and when you get there.. i buy reduced sugar nd salt ones xx

no need to apologise Vicky...i had a crackerbread on pureed and my hospital gave me a proper telling off lol

it could have been a lot worse ;)...but you learn from your mistakes....xxxx

oh i so wish i had throught of pureeing beans and cheese on pureed stage lol... its my fave lol

VikiB said:
I am on the liquid diet post-op and was making dinner today and I had one dessert spoon of baked beans chewed VERY well and after I got the most horrific chest pain (equal to heart attack pain years ago) and then nauseous and then I vomitted. I think I dumped...??? On beans? But I love beans...I'm so sad now as planned to use them as a protien source when I got through all the post-op dieting. I feel like I brought it on myself for cheating that one little bit and now I feel so sick. The chest pains and nausea have gone but I just feel blah now. Does this mean I can't eat baked beans??

I put this on someone elses post the other day but its possible that the beans tickled the receptors at the top of your new stomach which can cause awfull pain and feel like a heart attack and make you sick, it can happen to anyone not just wls patients but is worse for them so maybe in a month or so if your feeling brave try again xxx

Sent from my HTC Hero using WLSurgery

Vicky

Let me help you to feel better, i went shopping today, bought some lamb samosas - i can now hear every one screaming nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo but i m afraid so, before i knew what i was doing it was in, barely chewed and stuck - and yes it came back up nasty!!!

a new lesson learned..............................

:eek: i am still suffering, it was my own fault, and i have learned never to try to eat one again, and always always chew chew chew

VikiB said:
Yes other than feeling like a little kid being told off I feel fine

Lol awww bless u u naughty lil girl go sit on the naughty step ;-) xxxx

TwinkleTwinkle said:
Bahahaha, don't stress honey ... Daddy Karl has told most of us off at some time or other :):):) xxx

Most deffinetly ;-)

Mrs Quiggle said:
Liquidised baked beans with a sprinkle of cheese is gorgeous on the puree stage, but at the moment stick to anything that you can suck up a straw. x

Tin of bean tin of tomatoes purreed into a soup mmmmmm I even added brown sauce tasted like the end of a cooked breakfast the bit where u wipe ur plate clean with toast ;-) try it mmmm x

Bahahaha, don't stress honey ... Daddy Karl has told most of us off at some time or other :):):) xxx

Haha actually I thought I demonstrated a huge amount of restraint, certainly much more than the OP :D I'd bitten my tongue almost in two ;) :D

The surgical team give us instructions as to what foods we should eat at each stage. This is done to protect us post op. If anyone then chooses to ignore that advice putting their surgeon's work and their own life at risk in the process, then frankly I have no time for that level of irresponsibility.

Although what you're saying is true Karlos, it's a bit harsh! ;-) Poor Viki has come on for some much needed support.
Don't worry Viki Hun, you're only human and have clearly learnt your lesson. Some people are saints whereas others have to learn the hard way. Xxx

Sophie 124 said:
Although what you're saying is true Karlos, it's a bit harsh! ;-) Poor Viki has come on for some much needed support.
Don't worry Viki Hun, you're only human and have clearly learnt your lesson. Some people are saints whereas others have to learn the hard way. Xxx

I fully agree with this, viki your doing great, so you tried something you shouldn't you've learnt from it and just keep going everyone is really proud of you! Xx

I fully agree with this, viki your doing great, so you tried something you shouldn't you've learnt from it and just keep going everyone is really proud of you! Xx

Eating solid food only a few days out from surgery is not "doing great" and this type of trite comment is counter productive and sends the wrong message to someone who might be reading this who might think that it is ok. Believe me there is nothing harsher than a trip to an operating theatre because your stiches have burst and you are bleeding to death.

I'm glad Viki has learnt her lesson, but I'm far more happy, really really happy that she didn't do herself real damage. If Viki is offended well that's her choice, if understanding the reality of taking this kind of risk makes someone else think twice about doing something similar in the future then I'll take the odd negative comment from the puppies and rainbow brigade all day

Karlos said:
Eating solid food only a few days out from surgery is not "doing great" and this type of trite comment is counter productive and sends the wrong message to someone who might be reading this who might think that it is ok. Believe me there is nothing harsher than a trip to an operating theatre because your stiches have burst and you are bleeding to death.

I'm glad Viki has learnt her lesson, but I'm far more happy, really really happy that she didn't do herself real damage. If Viki is offended well that's her choice, if understanding the reality of taking this kind of risk makes someone else think twice about doing something similar in the future then I'll take the odd negative comment from the puppies and rainbow brigade all day

Her telling us how much pain she is in is telling us not to do it far more than your nasty comments that's not helpful to be that harsh, yeah tell her she's been stupid but what you said makes her look like the worst person in the world and when she's going through so much there is just no need

Her telling us how much pain she is in is telling us not to do it far more than your nasty comments that's not helpful to be that harsh, yeah tell her she's been stupid but what you said makes her look like the worst person in the world and when she's going through so much there is just no need

I said what Viki did was irresponsible I didn't say she was stupid nor do my comments make Viki look like " the worst person in the world". You really do need to grow up.

Hi Viki, Its already been said but I think your problem was caused not by dumping but because you tried beans too soon and because you swallowed too much at one time. I'm only 2 months ahead of you so I can still remember getting mightily fed up with the the liquid and then the mushy diet but in the scheme of things it isn't for too long and I really appreciated being able to eat proper broccoli.
I live in Plumstead so maybe we could meet some time, there are a few people on here from our neck of the woods.
Follow that diet sheet and good luck.

Thank you Karlos I'm afraid I did take the tongue lashing a bit hard but I'm quite sensitive and have had time to think about it now. I completely understand. I know the beans were a stupid thing to do. No matter how great I think they are my stomach is not ready for them. I will NOT be deviating from my diet sheet again. Everything will come with time.

Thanks for trying to defend me:) I have learned a valuable lesson and I hope nobody else follows my example lol very painful indeed.

Back