• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Just been banded...am I consuming too much?

susie7300

Hi guys,
I was banded on Saturday (2 days ago)and just wondered what I am supposed to be consuming at this stage! I ve been having soup and slimfast and plenty of water...is this normal, do i just carry on following the pre op diet of 3 slimfast and 1 soup up to 200 cals? I feel i shouldnt be having this much, but I dont seem to have lost my appetite. Any advice will be greatly appreciated x:rolleyes:

Did you not get any dietary advice from your provider?

Its liquids for the time being, at least a week, but call your provider to ask to be emailed a dietary guidance.

Thanks ladies...was advised just liquids but no one has actually said how much to consume. Will just stick with the slimfast and soup for now. x

I had exactly what you have said for 4 weeks the onto purees for 3 then solids. It sounds like you are having the right amount. Remember you wont have any restriction at the moment. As there is no fill in the band and you are only on liquids.

Congrates on getting your band.

Thanks Sue thats good to know, I will stop worrying about it now ;)

Hi Susie, great to hear your o.k after the band going for mine in September on my birthday,a great present to myself.
It will be money hard earned but well spent.
A whole new year awaits us.
Well done Mia

Hi Susie, I was'nt on liquids for as long as you but if you still feel hungry just fill up with sugar free squash or even sugar free jelly. The s/f jelly was classed a liquids on my dietry sheet but it helps you feel like you've actually eaten something. Good luckxx

Back