• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

think im doing somthing wrong

shirley05

I came home from hospital on the 11/6/12 after having a gastric bypass on the 7/6/12 they cave me lots of pills to take and told me to follow the instructions on the packets which I have been doing but about half hour after taking the pills I get severe stomach cramps :cry: which last for ages, and are soooo painful so i looked up my pills on the internet to see if any of them could be causing it. And I've read that you should not take big pills post surgery and I've been given forceval to take and there very big ,so I now don't no if to stop taking them or who do I ring to find out about taking them ........apart from this minor problem im loving my weight loss xxxxx:D

Forceval are a large pill to take. Why dont you try a chewable multi vitamin until your pouch heals and then go back to Forceval.

I had my op 6 weeks ago and i am only just thinking of taking forceval. I've been taking centrum chewable multivitamins. I also chewed/crushed the other tablets for the first few weeks - dont taste great but I was worried about digesting them.

I took forceval from 2 days post op no problem, it was standard procedure at that hospital. They are large, but they are gelcaps so dissolve down quickly. Try leaving them out of the packet somewhere warm to soften first, and take them with a hot drink.

You could skip one day, see if it is definitely the forceval, and if so call your team to discuss alternatives.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

yeas i have taken since i got out of hospital i was advised if taking a lot of tablets first thing in the morning was to take at small intervals dont try and take all at once that way you can take bigger drinks with each one and to drink something hot when you have finished that way it helps break them down
hope this helps

If it is the forceval you can try piercing the capsule and squeezing the contents onto a teaspoon of fromage frais or similar. My bariatric nurse advised this for a few week post op till you can stomach taking the whole capsule.

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

You should never take any medication with a hot or fizzy drink, as it can erode the enteric coating on them too quickly. This means they start releasing their active agents before they are in your stomach. They will not work effectivley if they do this and they can cause damage to your gullet.

I took forceval from 2 days post op no problem, it was standard procedure at that hospital. They are large, but they are gelcaps so dissolve down quickly. Try leaving them out of the packet somewhere warm to soften first, and take them with a hot drink.

You could skip one day, see if it is definitely the forceval, and if so call your team to discuss alternatives.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

This young lady knows her stuff and talks sense listen to Shell and you'll be OK

Back