• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Think this may be the answer

SARAHP

Hi everyone, it finally hit me yesterday that to get any kind of life im going to have to get myself into gear!! After losing 5stone on cambridge and then regaining it and 2 stone more within 6 months I now feel surgery is my only option.

I am very worried about approaching my gp as we dont have a set one now so could see anybody from about 10 doctors and as I dont go very often don really know them!! Also just know im going to cry as so down but last time went to gp and cried she said I needed counselling and didnt seem very helpful.

Also just had look on the site with the criteria and for my area of bassetlaw im not heavy enough for them!!! Im currently 22st 4 but they require bmi of 50+ so need another stone on before I would fit!!! So stupid!!!

Any advice as to how to tackle gp would be greatly received, I would pay private if needed but havent got great credit rating so wouldnt be able to get finance option so nhs is only way forward!

Thank you all for your inspirational storys, I just need to start and have a life too.

If you have tried everything and you have had councelling you should tell your GP that it is seriously affecting your life and without it you feel like you have no life. It wouldn't hurt to get a prescription for antidepressants. You don't have to take them but it may put you in a stronger position. Do you have diabetes or any other condition that may fall into the criteria?

Hi everyone, it finally hit me yesterday that to get any kind of life im going to have to get myself into gear!! After losing 5stone on cambridge and then regaining it and 2 stone more within 6 months I now feel surgery is my only option.

I am very worried about approaching my gp as we dont have a set one now so could see anybody from about 10 doctors and as I dont go very often don really know them!! Also just know im going to cry as so down but last time went to gp and cried she said I needed counselling and didnt seem very helpful.

Also just had look on the site with the criteria and for my area of bassetlaw im not heavy enough for them!!! Im currently 22st 4 but they require bmi of 50+ so need another stone on before I would fit!!! So stupid!!!

Any advice as to how to tackle gp would be greatly received, I would pay private if needed but havent got great credit rating so wouldnt be able to get finance option so nhs is only way forward!

Thank you all for your inspirational storys, I just need to start and have a life too.
Iya Sarah
I think that is is terrible that you do not have your own GP, you must see who is the SENIOR PARTNER at your surgery and make an appointemt to see them not only to discuss your proposed WLS but also to discuss the treatment that you recived the last time that you were there.
I also was not heavy enough for surgery and my local PCT turned me down at first, but I appealed and I got it in the end.... I do have brittle asthma, but I am sure at 22 stone you have some other weight related problem, so dont give up hunny.
It is a good idea to get a good dietition on-side too.
Good luck

Nessa xxx

I dont have any other weigh related probs even though what ever you do go to docs with is always blamed on weight!!!! Its a pain though that its just a matter of time. It makes me really mad that if you smoke, drink or take drugs there is tons of help available but not for having an eating problem. I hate feeling as bad as I do at present and can see me fighting a battle that isnt going to be won, but hey ive got o give it a go.

:break_diet:
I dont have any other weigh related probs even though what ever you do go to docs with is always blamed on weight!!!! Its a pain though that its just a matter of time. It makes me really mad that if you smoke, drink or take drugs there is tons of help available but not for having an eating problem. I hate feeling as bad as I do at present and can see me fighting a battle that isnt going to be won, but hey ive got o give it a go.
Aww Sarah
It sounds as if your are depresses with all of this darling..... that alone should be a justified reason for the surgery.......
I think that you need to realy get on to your GP, constantly be in his/her face, even I can see and understand how much you NEED this kind of help..... You will have to be incredably Pro-Active througout this ordeal, but if you keep focused and determined you WILL win in the end, it does take time, it took me a year from the 1st appoint with my GP April 07 to having my op next week 21st April. I will take countless letters/emails/phone calls from yourselfas well as visits to your GP and PCT appointed Dietition, log and file every contact made, keep posative even though it sometimes feels as if you are hitting your head aginst a brick wall....
Dont despair..... let me know if you need any help and I will see what I can do for you.
Good luck hunny.
Lv Nessa xxx

Back