• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

This may help some of you.

ladylite

I just thought I would mention how I have been losing so much weight.

I have noticed that when I eat three protein meals a day, I lose more weight than if I mix them up with cereals. carbs etc. More like the adkins diet but without the fat. I also feel fuller quicker so dont eat so much. I usually eat three meals but have lots of snacks in between if I am still hungry.

An example is :-

Breakfast, 2 scrambbled eggs or two ryviata thins with very small tin red salmon, or 2 baby bell light, or cheese on toast with crust removed or 2 rivita with pate spread quite thick.

Lunch - Grilled chop, or omelette, or very small cheese roll with tom and lettice or grilled piece of fish with salad, or salmon slices with Ryvita.

Dinner - Chicken Breast, Lamb or pork chop with 1/2 potatoe and veg or fish with parsley sauce with cauliflower and peas.

Snacks - Ryvita with either salmon, pate, cottage cheese with tom and lettice on. Now and then a Baby Bell.

Usually have about 8 cups tea with milk and sweetener and one milky coffee a day.
1 glass fresh orange juice.

I do find that if I eat a lot of carbs especially bread it makes me tired quicky.

and of course my vitamins everyday.

Hope this helps some of the others struggling and if I think of anything else I have left off will add later.

thanks for this sweets im sure it will help loads of people who find they are stalling xxx

ill have to try that mary, the only thing is, protein fills me up so quick, i end up just having a couple of mouthfuls and thats it, im full. so maybe id have to try and snack on other stuff during the day, but i rarely feel hungry, and i sometimes have actually felt ill, and not realised what it is, and its cos i need to eat. but i will try what youve suggested. thanks hun, hugs xx

Thanks Mary, that is a really helpful menu plan and I'll print it off... very helpful and thank you so much again... xxx

Thanks Mary. My weight loss is slowing and I'm feeling a bit low about it. I know I need to eat more.Trouble is I'm not allowed ryvita or anything like that yet, so I've been relying on potato because I hate just fish or pate or something like that on it's own.
I'm going to try it though, even without the ryvita.
I think I'll go back to posting a daily menu too; maybe that will help?

ill have to try that mary, the only thing is, protein fills me up so quick, i end up just having a couple of mouthfuls and thats it, im full. so maybe id have to try and snack on other stuff during the day, but i rarely feel hungry, and i sometimes have actually felt ill, and not realised what it is, and its cos i need to eat. but i will try what youve suggested. thanks hun, hugs xx

I know what you mean about protein filling you up, it does me too, but I love meat so I am happy. I could quite easily eat steak for breakfast, but cant afford that...... LOL. I then worry I am getting enough veg, but to me protein is the most important sos as not to lose lean muscle. You could snack on the other stuff.

Protein does seem to make you less hungry too.

Thanks Mary. My weight loss is slowing and I'm feeling a bit low about it. I know I need to eat more.Trouble is I'm not allowed ryvita or anything like that yet, so I've been relying on potato because I hate just fish or pate or something like that on it's own.
I'm going to try it though, even without the ryvita.
I think I'll go back to posting a daily menu too; maybe that will help?

Hi Charis, you said that your weight is slowing down but from your signature it seems to be very good. Or do you mean the week where is was JUST ONE POUND. I have a few weeks where I lost JUST ONE POUND.

When are you allowed to eat crispbreads etc?

Hi Charis, you said that your weight is slowing down but from your signature it seems to be very good. Or do you mean the week where is was JUST ONE POUND. I have a few weeks where I lost JUST ONE POUND.

When are you allowed to eat crispbreads etc?

Mary, today I lost 2 pounds and I'm not happy!

I wanted to see a 3-4 pound per week weight loss. Do you think I'm being unrealistic?
My dietician has told me 12 WEEKS before I can eat ryvita, salad and the like.

I'm craving chicken salad etc.

You should be happy with 2lbs, I rarely loose 3lbs. Its usually between 1.5 to 2.5lb but it is constant.

You did well to lose 2lbs. :):):)

You should be happy with 2lbs, I rarely loose 3lbs. Its usually between 1.5 to 2.5lb but it is constant.

You did well to lose 2lbs. :):):)

Thanks Mary. You're doing amazing so I find that very encouraging.

Thanks Mary. You're doing amazing so I find that very encouraging.

and so are you charis, any loss is a loss, and you are losing it hun
xxxx

I have added my weight loss to date in my signature. Some of the big losses are because I may of got weighed a day or too later.

Mary i went through a period of protein for every meal and quite frankly got sick of it... But then i see you are having some carbs with the protein which makes it a little less monotonous...

Charis i'd be happy with 2lb a week, i've lost count of the number of weeks when i've had nothing. Once for 2 weeks i had nothing, on the third week i'd gained a 1lb. How the heck you can work that out i don't know.....

I'm hoping to have less of a skin problem by not losing too fast, but secretly inside i long to be in a size 18 (which is my next goal size)...

Good luck to everyone and thank you very much Mary for sharing xxx

lol charis, its a good job your not me huni, ive lost 3 stone since my op on 30 april, mind you i only have a maximum of 2 stone left to lose, probably only 1st, depends on when my body decides its happy, lol. but im well chuffed cos ive not weighted what i do now for over 20 yrs, so its all good.
mary..... i quite like meat, but it just fills me up soooo quick,im not as bad with things like sheperds pie, or fish pie etc, i can eat slightly more, but even then your only talking say, half a ww shepherds pie, max. im hoping that eventually i can eat just a little more, so that i can eat veg as well.

Back