• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What kind of protein things do u eat?

FEDup1981

I WILL look like this!!
So, what kind of things do you eat to get ur protein in? (if that makes sense!)

5 weeks post bypass, and i eat eggs - omlette and scrambled. Fish - prawns, mussels, tuna. (tried salmon and cod, but that still gets stuck, even made very sloppy with parsley sauce)
I can eat chicken, but not mince. Dont think ive tried other meats. Ive had small amount of ham in my omlette. Fish cakes, and fish fingers.

And thats about it, im running out of ideas.

A typical days diet for me is:

Breakfast: 1 Weetabix, or small bowl porridge.

Lunch: Bowl of prawns, or omlette, or small tin of soup.

Tea: one fish cake & 1/3 tin beans, or vegetables and chicken, or soup, or mashed potato and something, scrambled egg.

If im hungry at 9pm, i'll have either 1/2 bag snack a jacks, or some mussels/prawns, or a yogurt.

(thats what i can remember ive eaten. Im trying to eat lots of protein, less carbs, but running out of ideas?)

I add cheese to most stuff and always have sliced cooked meat in the fridge. And someone posted about salted roasted soya beans (sorry forgot who it was) but they are yummy aswell

Thanks. Do u use any cheese, or a particular low fat one?

I get low fat greek cheese from tesco it's lovely and tangy.

you could also try bean salads, made easily enough so no added fat and good high protien content, what about keeping mini bel lights in the fridge as well and snack on them if you need to. i skip carbs and tend to get that from other things ie apples

Thanks. I havent had an apple yet, not sure if thats too hard for me yet. I like cheese, not sure on beans other than baked! lol Didnt realise they had lots of protein in, i wouldve though carbs. Ill see if i can find a recipe!

at the mo i have laughing cow, babybel and just tesco healthy living cheese and grate it cause it looks more and in 30g there is 9.3g of protein

cottage cheese by the bucketload, protein shots, yoghurts and tonight I had some chicken breast poached and mashed up...was really nice :D

I am just guessing here but I would think maybe 20g per 100g would be 'high'. A 171 gram steak has 42g of protein. So that is over 20g of protein per 100g of food. Shrimp has 21g protein per 85g of food, so it is also over 20g per 100g.

Here is a link with protein values in food:
List Of High Protein Foods

HTH,
Nic:p

Back