• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

This morning....

DukeAmirOften

i was so stupid. I lay in bed for at least 2 hours panicking about the op! I got so angry at myself for wanting the surgery, i couldnt understand that if i am so committed to eating properly post op then why cant i do it without a bloody op??? Then 'death' i am a single mum with 2 girls....i kept thinking why would i risk my life for an op and risk my girls loosing there mum...what would happen to them etc etc etc.....so now all day i have felt so glum :( Are all these feeling normal? I know i was reading the above thread and that helped some x

These are perfectly normal thoughts.

The thing is, if we could do it with a normal diet, then none of us would be here on the forum in the first place.

At the end of the day, I have lost 4 stone pre op, and I have turned my life around, so post op when I have lost 10 stone plus, I can't even imagine how much energy etc I will have, that I dont have now.

I understand your concerns about your daughters, but look at it a different way, if you dont have the surgery, what are the stats against you for having a fatal heart attack.

At least this way you are doing something about it before thats going to happen.

xx

Thank you, and right now i don't have much of a life with my daughters and they desperately want their mum back! x

If I had a fiver for everyone on here who had shared the same feelings (including me), then i would be able to fund my tummy tuck.
Its a means to an end hun x
No more will I wont I fit in there, No more wondering how many people in that room are looking at you and thinking bad things.
Its the key to a life that we all deserve no question xx

Thanks, i also have not had any type of surgery since i was about 15 so that worries me. I know this is my last option now and the more diets i try the bigger i am getting. I dont know what it's like to have fun days out with my girls (oh dont get me wrong we love clothes shopping etc and eat out together) but real fun days out like we used too....oh and forget dating....i have not got a bloody clue!!

Hi Mandy

What you are feeling is totally normal, I felt exactly the same, I done really well pre op and thought I dont need surgery I can do this! BUT then the old habits starting creeping back in and I knew I couldnt do it by myself! thats why I was on this road to start with. I too have got 2 children 10 and 13 and I was so scared I wasnt going to wake up, i had never had an op before and I was terrified, I was still shaking when I was laif on the operating table, but I am glad to say I am still here and feeling great.

If you had no fear or worries about the op I would be seriously worried about you, but you are track.

Best wishes and good luck xx

Thanks, i also have not had any type of surgery since i was about 15 so that worries me. I know this is my last option now and the more diets i try the bigger i am getting. I dont know what it's like to have fun days out with my girls (oh dont get me wrong we love clothes shopping etc and eat out together) but real fun days out like we used too....oh and forget dating....i have not got a bloody clue!!

My sister just reminded me that she had to physically prevent me from leaving the hospital on the day of my op lol.
Best thing she ever did for me.
I also thought after my liver shrinking diet i could carry on and do it myself but i wouldnt have i would have been back of 1KG dairy milk a day in no time
xxx

I'm the same mandy, my op is in 4 weeks and i'm starting to think negatively (death etc). Don't get me wrong i'm still so excited for life after wls but i could do with it hurrying up, the nerves are starting to creep in x

I've lost nearly 2st with weight watchers and over 4st previously with Orlistat the prescription version of Ali, and even though I am determined to keep the losses going with weight watchers until my op and keep attending meetings to keep me on track the days where I cheat and trip up are always there and sometimes just cannot be avoided , so I know sooner or later I will slip and the old me wil win again, so despite the fears and worries I am full of excitement and anticipation. yes I have a husband and 3 sons all of whom I hope would be devestated if things didn't go ok during the op but would be equally so if I died of a heart attack as we have a family history of those my dad had several over a few years, 20 odd years ago and 16yrs a go had a quadruple bypass and new valve and both his brothers one older one younger have had fatal attacks so the writing is on the wall. If I died there are so many people who would be affected and so many affected if I make this work I need to take the chance to find a new healthier me inside the old flabby frame and let her out.
I expect I will have similar nightmares as my date draws nearer and nearer but I know this is the right and only path I have left open to me to find the healthier me before I risk dieing from over eating. All fears aside I know this is the best thing I can do despite the risks.

I can totally get how you feel Mandy....i have been questioning myself lots as to whether i should proceed with this op...the thought of something happening and my children being left without a mum scares me lots. The thing is (like most people here i imagine) i have tried every diet, battled with my weight for most of my life. This op will give me the tool i need to get slimmer and for my children to have a happier mum. At the moment I feel like im a recluse - i dont like facing people due to how i am/feel about my size. I want my life back and I want to enjoy life. The benefits to me and my family of having this op would be huge so although there is a small risk it is a risk im prepared to take. Having the op I believe would be the big incentive to motivate me into eating healthily and it will be the same with you. Keep positive hun xx

Back