• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Better day - ish

salski

Hello all
Well as some of you know my day yesterday was pretty bleugh. After going to doc he assured me that I didnt have a water infection and the baby is probably lying on my bowel and bladder and thats whats making me sore and then needing the loo all the time.
Last night the cramps started again so I had a couple of paracetamol and went to bed and I felt much better this morning.
I went into work and opened emails - there were millions after 2 weeks off and waited for my other team members to come. My colleague (the other manager same grade as me) came in, I asked her brightly how she was (after not seeing her for 2 weeks of my leave and a week of her leave) her response was 'fine' she then proceeded to ignore me. I asked the other staff members and they all said that it was just me she was ignoring and they had no idea why. Not one to be too fussed I carried on with my work.
About 11ish my hypoglycaemia kicked in and I couldnt walk, see straight, stop shaking and sweating so bad. I had luckily a bottle of lucozade in the fridge and necked it, along with 5 lucozade tablets - it was then I decided it was time to go home, that I shouldnt have gone it etc.
I came home and have slept for 2 hours.
Not a great day but not too bad either.
Gawd knows why this woman is ignoring me, but I would of liked a 'how was your hols' or are you better after your sick day yesterday etc...
Doggy is off to vets this evening at 6.45 and I know that is going to cost a fortune!
Sugars seem to have returned to normal and Im back to feeling guilty that I went home now...half of me is still thinking of having tomorrow off too to recover full before returning on Thursday bright eyed etc.
I also have had pain from trapped wind so have just had a large dose of wind eze! Haha - oh woe is me eh?! x

Sal - just let her ignore you-sounds like you're better off if she does lol
You don't need me to tell you that you & baba Papya are No.1 right now & being ignored is the least of your worries
Take care & don't go back to work till you're 100%
Lots of love Auntie Poppet (otherwise known as she who must be obeyed!)

Yes you must look after yourself and that baby now and dont go back to work until you are 100% fit.

I actually would ask her "is there anything wrong, have I upset you", that way you will clear the air. If you have she can tell you and you can try and put it right, if you havnt at least you have tried.

But remember you need to be 100% fit first.

By the way is your colleague fat.:eek:

Hi Sal, so glad you had the water test yesterday and that is ok... it's this time of the year and the winter looming plus you must be feeling more tired.

People can be such inconsiderate idiots at times, I agree with Mary and would always be inclined to ask outright face to face if someone were like that with me, but in your time... if you are feeling low... leave it... it's probably rooted in jealousy... gorgeous new young mum... with so much going for her and a tremendous figure to look forward to post pregnancy!

I've met you and know how you radiate personality and good looks so it could be some sillyness which doesn't warrant you feeling upset in the slightest... there are times when turning the other cheek is the best way, but foremost, you and the baby are priority and no one else must be ever allowed to upset you.

Sending a humungous hug Sal xxx

Id say tell the silly moo to bog off :D .....I say you buy one you get one freeeeee :D Happy to hear you havnt got a water infection. Hope the vets bills arent going to bankrupt you :eek: XX

Big hugs. I hate atmospheres. Poor you. I'd be inclined to asl the silly moo outright. Is she struggling with infertility by any chance? But you do what's right for you and baby right now. Take care Sally. Hugs xxxx

Thanks for your replies ladies.
I wouldnt mind if she was any of those things you said. I think the root of the problem is that her dog was put down 2 weeks ago. She isnt married, doesnt have kids etc and its her and her dog. So I understand that she is upset - but Im not supposed to know about the dog as I have not been in, so I asked her how she is, she had the opportunity to tell me all then and didnt....She isn't fat and she isnt trying for kids....I think she has ended up having 2 weeks off because of the dogs death and when she has come back, my colleague (there are 3 of us team leaders) has rung in sick and she probably feels stressed...but I am not a mind reader, and your right, I should have asked - but I really didnt want to give her the satisfaction of pandering to her....I know I may sound childish - but I just wanted a hello, how was your hols, how you feeling after ringing in sick yesterday...or something?!
Anyways - enough about her...Ive decided to be off tomorrow. Im at the midwife in the morning, then going to come home to bed AGAIN :( Haha
Daisy has been to the vets who has agreed she needs to be spayed in 4 weeks time, pups or no pups all will be removed :( Poor dog! x

Reactions: Bev
Back