• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

This morning

im just big boned

Did anyone see this morning, this morning!? Watched it when i got home from work, a young lady on that had had a band and a sleeve, lost weight but has now put 4 stone back on......really made me think, is it worth the surgery? She said that your sleeve can stretch back again so you need more food to feel full??
Confused ?

Did anyone see this morning, this morning!? Watched it when i got home from work, a young lady on that had had a band and a sleeve, lost weight but has now put 4 stone back on......really made me think, is it worth the surgery? She said that your sleeve can stretch back again so you need more food to feel full??
Confused ?

Of course the tummy stretches over time especially if you push it *just 1 more bite/mouthful/forkfull* This is why its good to eat slowly and stop after 20 mins max :)

As so many people post surgery have said, it is only a tool you have still got to control what you put in your mouth. Will power is still needed xx

Exactly as Joanne has said, WLS is ONLY a tool. It will not stop you from putting weight back on, but it does help you gain some control over food and makes the right choices easier to choose. It is not a magic wand or a miracle cure, it will not fix your life. People need to understand this, and the commitment that you have to put in to change your life and make the weight loss long term successful. I did a lot of research before my surgery, but even I don't think I knew enough before hand. Although I wouldn't change it, if I could, I wish I had someone give me a bit of a reality check and have my expectations lowered. I still have issues with food some days, and even thinking of going back for more counselling. The surgeon said to me, WLS will not make you skinny, but it will make you healthy.

Wls fixed the body but not the mind. I could not have lost the amount of weight I have lost without surgery, purely because I wasn't able to cope with the dieting cycle. Equally even if you regain post op, very few regain back to what they were and still keep the enormous health benefits. You will have a honeymoon period of around six months where the weightloss is almost automatic. If you use that time to build good habits out will be fine.

Back