• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Mondays this morning did anyone see??

alison1979

Hi all i have just watched this morning and i am so shocked at how someone can go from 34 stone to 8 stone!! then i was even more shocked to find out that she has a fear of eating because she was so ill after her bypass, has anyone else felt like this?? or can imagine how she does? i cant ever think i will feel like this over food. x:eek:

It was quite complicated, the girl suffered complications, then also had septicaemia and a premature labour and death of her baby. She had major issues with food and emotions pre-op which weren't dealt with at all.

I found I hit a period around 7 months post op where I just didn't want to eat psychologically. I had none of her problems and had had psyche support pre-op, plus I've never really had an emotional attachment with food. There is a thrill that comes with seeing the numbers drop on the scales and for many people you have very little or no hunger post op so not eating can be quite easy. Luckily for me I'm self aware and dealt with it, plus I fell pregnant which gave me a kick up the bum!

The main lesson from her story is that the surgery changes your stomach, not your brain, any emotional issues or food triggers/cravings will still be there post op, so try to work on them pre-op and be aware of your feelings etc post-op. Also, if you need help, ask for it.

Good luck with your journey :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I read this story recently in a mag, how very sad.

I have to say Shel that i do feel hunger nowadays, however i also know a couple of cups of coffee and it staves it off for a while...

Funny thing wls, it sorts out the middle bit, but the brain sometimes doesn't get affected x

Yes I meant to say very little/no hungry commonly, sorry Julie ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Yep I get the not wanting to eat thing. I had my sleeve about five months ago and developed gallstones and regularly throw up. I often feel that i don't want to eat because I am worried it will come up again or cause pain. On the other hand, I know that i have to eat or get ill- you have to be a grown up about it! But she had a terrible time apparently.

Back