• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

WLS on This Morning

Hi guys, me new here, just wanted to say congrats on the weight loss, i think its fab, I been looking and alot of you have had bypass not band, is there alot of difference. I was turned down beginning of last year, but have had numerous health problems since then and my diabetic consultant says i will fit the criteria now, so want to give it ago, any advice tips would be great. Thanks cc

Hi Bex - Just read your bit above and thought I would reply. I am a bypasser . . to be honest I initially thought I would prefer a band as I felt it was less invasive and would do me fine!

However the more I read up on it and realised how easy it is to cheat with a band the more I realised it would not be for me. I went to see two different consultants as I went private and both said to me that the bypass was by far my best option. I had to go private as I did not fit the wls criteria.

Be really honest with yourself and your consultant when you go to your appointment - if you are diabetic this can literally be reversed in many cases with bypass. Take their advice - they know best. Good luck with your wl journey.

nice one mixxy, i look forward to seeing you the tv. you are a true inspiration to all of us, and a brilliant ambassador for wls. go boy go, hugs xxx

wow, can't believe he was turned down, it could be something as simple as a weight limit on the operating equipment ( I know but even in bariatric centres there's an upper limit!)

The man from Ipswich or Norwich that had to go by ambulance to Chichester (sorry hazy on his home town) His local bariatric unit had an upper weight limit.

I wonder how he flew, must watch the link.

Back