• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

WLS on This Morning

hsmel

Just seen This Morning doctor discussing WLS with Philip Schofield and a man who has had a gastric sleeve and lost 9 stone so far.:D

Go for it!!! . . perhaps as a follow up to the programme this morning you could ring and say that you are that much further down the line and look at you now!! Phone in or email them - you are a good advert for it. The man on the programme this morning was still very overweight and therefore the 'uninformed' may well have still thought him grossly overweight and likely to stay that way. They need to see you on your bike!!

I saw it too Mel...

He was a gentleman named Zac from Wales, weighing 50 stones and was turned down surgery... I missed the beginning, he was paying to go to India because it was cheaper.

Had he already been... he had lost 9 stones, not sure it that was pre op....?

xxx

Yup he was post op. Had the op in India as he was turned down in the UK!!! He was really big - how on earth can the NHS turn down someone that size unless he had other health issues we dont know about?

Mixxy you should go and I'll ring in and tell them about how you have inspired me since knowing you and you have such a lovely way about you... I think you could be a pioneer for us all Angel xxx

Mixxy you should go and I'll ring in and tell them about how you have inspired me since knowing you and you have such a lovely way about you... I think you could be a pioneer for us all Angel xxx

Go for it Bev!!

For the life of me, I couldn't understand how Zac was not NHS funded... I know they are strict in Wales, but he was 50 stones.... possibly had some health issues unmentioned...
xxx

It's a good possibility Mazza... it may well have been risk related....

Mixxy... you know I'm your number 1 Fan... and there'll be a fan club starting for sure if you get on GMTV.. or Good Morning.. and for sure.... they'll have a call from me to say, my surgery is this month and what a fantastic Mentor you have been to me from Day 1.

Keep us posted precious and I've got my bike on my avatar... I've plans! To get back on a bike and follow you!

Love and hugs Mixxy xxx

Haha.. you deserve it Mixxy... don't forget now... we are hoping to see you in Llandudno if you can make it...

Love and hugs my precious xxx

Whoo hoo well done, as you were my inspiration after meeting you at the pre-op meeting with Liz and Nerissa. I'm now 3 weeks post-op.

Back