• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

This weekend has reminded me why I need surgery so much

yorkiegal

Baxter's mum
Once I break my diet it takes me days to get back on the wagon again. I bought some chocolate on friday night which led to two pizzas on saturday, more chocolate and a burger today. And I've just been out to the shop to stock up on more chocolate again. I seem unable to see one lapse as just that. It always snowballs, especially when I have pms. I haven't even really enjoyed the food. And I've lost all my energy too.
Back on track tomorrow.

Draw a line under Wonky Weekend and move forward,you know you dont have to buy/eat the stuff,but you did and its gone.I know that feeling of not enjoying the food,you dont even like the taste as you eat it and hate yourself after.Im fighting eating so fast and swallowing before its chewed!Deep breath and on you go!

I've been just the same and please don't beat yourself up, but pull yourself back on track tomorrow and post all you are eating with us and see if it encourages you, we have a weigh in thread for next Saturday, be great if you want to join us precious. Good luck and keep plodding xxx

thanks i think i'll join that thread and see if i can keep on track til the weigh in. :)

We've all been there, particularly me... and it's tough going, but I did lose 2 stones last summer with replacing meals with slimfast and keeping track on here with Kelly and all.

Good luck precious and hope it may help you to focus xxx

I've done everything that you've done there before too. Bevs advise is great do a thread with everything your eating and drinking you'll be able to see for yourself how proud you should be for sticking to it.

We've all been there & done it so totally understand...but try not to beat yourself up too much about it, wipe the slate clean & start again tomorrow. It will be easier not to have the odd slip-up when you get your date, as you'll have something to get excited about & work towards xxx

Ive been there and done that too!! When I have been on diets in the past and people have said to just have a little treat now and again I couldnt do it as if I did it would set me off on a road to ruin lol....draw a line under it and start aagain tomorrow :D Monday is always a good day to start afresh XX

You are a normal person doing normal things.
It is hard and we have all been where you are me especially, just not with chocolate as i dont have a sweet tooth.
You will rise and fall along the way but you will get there in the end. Tomorrow is another day love..keep plodding on. xxx

I'm the same just can't stop once i have broken my diet. My last resort is the Cambridge weight loss plan that i want to start tuesday after the GP signs the consent form

Don't worry hun you will do it, just keep eating less calories then you did they day before and b4 you know it you will start losing weight and be on a diet

Pick yourself up and start again. Get rid of the junk...and if possible not in your tummy. It's hard but we've all been there. I've found recently I can eat a bit of chocolate post-op.
Today I had 2 bites of a twirl. Yummy...but not a disaster.

Hopefully this op is going to give you the where-with-all to enjoy food without going on the binges. It has for me.
Hugs and hope!
Grace xxx

I think just about everyone can understand how you feel but it's done now and you have to move on. Tomorrow is a great day to start again and forgive yourself for what has happened. It doesnt make you any less of a special person - it was purely a slip up where you ate too much. See it for what it is and no more. That way you give yourself permission to put it right and just know we are all behind you.
Good luck for tomorrow
Jo XX

I second what others are saying. It's happened, don't beat yourself up about it, and start again tomorrow. We have all done it at sometime.

Having a date does help, although mine is not till end of April I know that is my final date by which I must lose 15kg, or no op, and this does keep me motivated.

Just do the best that you can, and maybe posting what you are eating as Bev suggested, may help you to stay on track.

hun, I think I had the same weekend as you!!!! I could have eaten a scabby horse if it'd been in the fridge - probably with Mayonnaise on it too.
Now I know why - my little friend has turned up this morning! I pigged out on Friday after a crappy day at work on a massive bag of doritos and dip. Thankfully I was too lazy to get off my but and buy anything else - the rest of the food in the house was rabbit food, but I still ate more than I should have.

We all have blips (major ones at times) its only natural.

But today's another day and I'm back on track. I hope that you can get back on track too and don't lose focus. Good luck.

I think I'm going to start tracking when I have my period too, because these pre menstrual binges are very common with me.
Just had a two hour walk with Baxter into town and back to Boots to pick up lots of slimfast as it's half price for the tubs at present. So I'm back on track again.

I am on the milk dirt to prepare for my op. I have to say-I would happily eat a pizza now!!!! AHHHHH scream! HUNGRY!

Once I break my diet it takes me days to get back on the wagon again. I bought some chocolate on friday night which led to two pizzas on saturday, more chocolate and a burger today. And I've just been out to the shop to stock up on more chocolate again. I seem unable to see one lapse as just that. It always snowballs, especially when I have pms. I haven't even really enjoyed the food. And I've lost all my energy too.
Back on track tomorrow.

Back