• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello, I'm totally new to this so here goes...

I've been referred! I was discharged from Addenbrookes last week, having lost something like 18% of my weight, and they gave me the good news. Now waiting for my first appointment at Luton & Dunstable. Still a long way to go, but it's inching closer :D
Great news, keep us posted. x

Yes it is normal, I too fear at some point they will find a reason not to operate, I won't believe it until it's done. I'm 26st 5lb, down from 31st, so you are not alone on here with the never ending struggle with trying to lose weight and all that comes with it. I'm sure if you do as they ask on your program, it will show you are committed to making changes and they will then give you the op. x
Hi Sandra,
I thought I was the only one who thinks its not going to happen. Although I've got my date I still think I'm going to get there on the day to be told I can't have it. I've had quite a difficult journey to get here and although I've been committed there has been things that have changed my direction slightly. I have a countdown on my phone to keep me focussed and really hope it does go ahead on the 30th August x

Hi Sandra,
I thought I was the only one who thinks its not going to happen. Although I've got my date I still think I'm going to get there on the day to be told I can't have it. I've had quite a difficult journey to get here and although I've been committed there has been things that have changed my direction slightly. I have a countdown on my phone to keep me focussed and really hope it does go ahead on the 30th August x
Hi Loz, I really wouldn't worry now you have a date that is fast approaching, the chances for them saying no now are miniscule.
I've been trying to get WLS since 2009 and they kept denying me, had to get to 31st before they would finally take notice! Its been very upsetting, but at last I'm on the right path, do fingers crossed the MDT all say yes xx

Just checking to see how you're getting on x

Just checking to see how you're getting on x
Hi Parsnip,
I had bypass 30th August, I’ve not been too good I had full bloods checked and they discovered my iron was way too high. So I no longer take them but have another check up next week.
I had trouble getting protein down but I’m now able to have soups and protein arla yoghurts. I do have to add water for a thinner consistency but I’m feeling a lot better. Couldn’t tolerate the shakes or anything for the first 10 days just water. Each day that goes by I feel more like my old self thank you for asking.

How are you getting on?

Hi Parsnip,
I had bypass 30th August, I’ve not been too good I had full bloods checked and they discovered my iron was way too high. So I no longer take them but have another check up next week.
I had trouble getting protein down but I’m now able to have soups and protein arla yoghurts. I do have to add water for a thinner consistency but I’m feeling a lot better. Couldn’t tolerate the shakes or anything for the first 10 days just water. Each day that goes by I feel more like my old self thank you for asking.

How are you getting on?
Sorry to read your had a rough time Loz, but pleased for you that it's getting better day by day xx

Hi Parsnip,

How are you getting on?

I'm ok, still on tier 3 but my case is being put to Novembers mdt meeting so hopefully I'll be progressing to tier 4 soon and can join you all on the losers bench.

Glad you managed to sort out getting some protein in xx

Hi Parsnip,

How are you getting on?
Hope you are feeling better now xx

Hope you are feeling better now xx
Yes thank you, as each day goes I'm feeling better thank you. I'm getting close to the puree stage and need to check what I can have what won't cause issues (dumping) Any suggestions will be greatly received thank you Maria x

Yes thank you, as each day goes I'm feeling better thank you. I'm getting close to the puree stage and need to check what I can have what won't cause issues (dumping) Any suggestions will be greatly received thank you Maria x
That is quite hard as all of us seem to dump with different foods. Just check the sugar content on foods as too high a content seems to cause problems. Ice cream caused me major problems initially xx

So pleased your feeling brighter as the days go on, every pouch is different in what they tolerate but try to focus on the protein, I’ll take a look in my diary and see what sort of thing I used to have for you xx

Pleased your on the mend hun xx

Back