• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tier 3 dietitian what does this mean? Will I get the op?

poppyS68

Hi All,
I have been in the system for about 7 months having had bloods, assessments, sleep monitoring etc. Now I have just been given 5 dietitian appointments (one for each month up to May). I am 52% BMI
I just know it will not work, I NEED the op! I don't understand what they are trying to prove.
If I loose weight under the dietitian will they say I can do it without surgery? If I don't loose weight will that look bad? So confusing!
Can anyone give any insight please?
Thank you - hoping to join you post op in 2018 is this possible?

Hi All,
I have been in the system for about 7 months having had bloods, assessments, sleep monitoring etc. Now I have just been given 5 dietitian appointments (one for each month up to May). I am 52% BMI
I just know it will not work, I NEED the op! I don't understand what they are trying to prove.
If I loose weight under the dietitian will they say I can do it without surgery? If I don't loose weight will that look bad? So confusing!
Can anyone give any insight please?
Thank you - hoping to join you post op in 2018 is this possible?
I don’t know where you are being seen but I was at Luton Hospital and did not have so many dietician appointments. Each hospital seems to do things differently. As my BMI was over 50 at the beginning I had to do tier 3 for 6 months and then the tier 4 took 9 months as I had to wait from December to March for the multidisciplinary meeting with nurse, dietician and psychologist. After that it was June when I saw surgeon and anaesthetist and 3 more months until surgery, so 15 months in total. I think it was quite quick for me compared to some people. Good luck to you xxxx

Back