• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Thinking of giving up/quitting

Charlie Fenton

Getting really fed up now! I have just been given my third dietitian in three appointments (the first left to go to a new job, the second was a stand in) and have been told that she won't be around long either as she is going to Australia, so will have to be given a fourth one. I feel like this service is now testing me on purpose. They know I don't trust easily and hate meeting new people due to my autism and anxiety, I can understand the first two but the third dietitian was chosen specially for me by someone high up due to her experience and due to them wanting to see me on a monthly basis. I like the idea of Tier 3 but this is getting ridiculous. Phoned up to ask what was going on and was basically told 'well this is an NHS service' -_- plus my plan is changed with each dietitian, so there is no consistency at all. First I have to lose 5% to be referred at 6 months, then changed to 9 months etc. Sorry for the rant, just really feel like they are testing me on purpose. All of this is causing my anxiety to skyrocket - my eczema is getting worse, had chest pains the other day and my migraines have come back. I really am thinking of quitting due to all of this and the impact it is having on me, but I really want surgery and can't afford to go private.

I am so sorry you are feeling like this. It is such a hard journey. Please think really carefully before giving up. Maybe a pros & con written list will help. If will give you a focus as well as helping you with your decision.
Let us know how you get on & if we can help with advise etc
Be thinking of you x

Oh dont give up if u feel u need this ur still young the damage your weight can do over the years is arwfull ive always been fat jackie from as long as i remember ive been a big girl never really bothered me till i hit 40 and went into early menopause oh my days i went from being fat but fit to being a cripple my whole body is falling to pieces. .you to have health issues pls stick to it it is hard im waiting on teir 4 surgery was last seen in feb hopefully get appointment for opp next april time i hope there is a 12 mnth wait at stoke atm so im unlucky but after tier 3 u might have upto another 12 mnths dont be dishearten its sounds long but it does soon fly at my very first appointment i nearly threw towel in myself i was so dissapointed i thought id get a surgery date there and then stormed out thinking i abit going bk but i did and that was 2 years ago ( i struggerled with a large gain due to illness and death of my mother ) which held me up on tier 3 longer but what u got to lose but weight think of it like joining a slimmibg club but u dont pay every week theres no harm in taking each appointment at a time i only went every 3/4 mnths cause i live 100 +miles to travel for my appointments stick with it if ur feeling deprived have a cheat day then restart day after but dont give up not yet ...ill still be here waiting by time u done ur tier 3

Don't give up.
It's worth it in the end.
The health ailments you already have will only get worse as your weight increases and remember, you're through the hardest part. You've been referred, you're off the bench, you're on your way.
Don't let yourself down.

Never give up sweetheart xxx

Back