• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tier 3 was an eye opener.

Alex1983

Hi all,

I apologise if this has already been discussed, but I wanted to talk about my Tier 3 Journey with someone. Unfortunately, my husband isn't supportive of me having surgery. His response usually is, "instead of getting surgery, just don't eat as much" (if only!), so I hope you don't mind if I spill my guts.

What Tier 3 made me realise was how much of my waking time I think about food. It is literally at the forefront of everything that I do. It's like I am never not hungry. It's not like I crave certain foods, it's like I just need to be eating something.

Speaking with the nutritionist and psychologist made me identify the flaws in myself and attempt to re-evaluate them. I don't know if it's worked or not. I still feel the overwhelming urge to eat.

I have the consultation with the surgeon tomorrow. I've put weight back on since completing tier 3, I do wonder if they will turn me down because of it.

Hey ho, I will post an update tomorrow.

Cheers for the vent
x

Hi all,

I apologise if this has already been discussed, but I wanted to talk about my Tier 3 Journey with someone. Unfortunately, my husband isn't supportive of me having surgery. His response usually is, "instead of getting surgery, just don't eat as much" (if only!), so I hope you don't mind if I spill my guts.

What Tier 3 made me realise was how much of my waking time I think about food. It is literally at the forefront of everything that I do. It's like I am never not hungry. It's not like I crave certain foods, it's like I just need to be eating something.

Speaking with the nutritionist and psychologist made me identify the flaws in myself and attempt to re-evaluate them. I don't know if it's worked or not. I still feel the overwhelming urge to eat.

I have the consultation with the surgeon tomorrow. I've put weight back on since completing tier 3, I do wonder if they will turn me down because of it.

Hey ho, I will post an update tomorrow.

Cheers for the vent
x
I’m sorry hubby isn’t very supportive, if only it was THAT easy !! We will give you as much support as possible, I’m sorry I cannot response to you feelings because I have to say I was never ever hungry pre-op I just ate huge portions when I did eat....no cut off....and picked a lot at work !! I ate because I loved my food but it wasn’t constantly on my mind.
It’s great that you have identified flaws and I’m sure with hard work and determination you’ll get past this.
Good luck xx

Totally agree with Bling.
I'd also suggest trying to find a way to help hubby understand as you're going to need his support xx

Back