• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tight Waist bands

Wobbly71

Bit of a daft question???

I am wearing my size smaller trousers and they are a bit tight on the waist band.

Will this do me any harm for the band???

Not over any of the incision lines x x

My normal work trousers are too baggy and look daft. I am wearing some smaller trousers but they are a bit tight on the waste.

Wondering if tight waistband would affect my gastric band?

Does this make sense x

Wobbly71 said:
My normal work trousers are too baggy and look daft. I am wearing some smaller trousers but they are a bit tight on the waste.

Wondering if tight waistband would affect my gastric band?

Does this make sense x

Scarily it does !!!! I Do you think you've still got any swelling from operation - my main concern would be are you sure you're 100% healed

I think if I wear tighter trousers it can sometimes effect eating and food getting stuck or not travelling as freely as it would in baggier clothing :)

Made no difference to me apart from giving me a gentle reminder when I was about to eat something I shouldn't! Tight clothes are better than baggy if you want to feel a little uncomfortable, as reminds you what we are doing and why we are doing it....if your clothes are baggy that odd biscuit or two my find it's way into your mouth without a second thought!

I would agree with Jo. While the temptation is to carry on wearing those baggy comfortable clothes, wearing tighter clothes actually helps retain focus. Having said that, I still LUV my Bridget Jones knickers :rolleyes:

Ha ha thanks everyone. I'll stick with the tighter trousers. They are a bit snug but undo the button when I have my dinner at work.

The bigger ones look like clown trousers already, not complaining though x

I had to get a belt as the next size down i own is 2 sizes smaller than i'm wearing atm. So i'm wearing size 26 jeans but can pull them down without undoing them without a belt. glad i have the belt as it will save me buying too many new clothes until i get a lot smaller.

In the 2yrs I have been banded nobody has ever asked this question 2 my knowledge ( first time for everything I guess) - do what feels comfortable and right for you and if it poses a problem go the next size up - Wishing you all the best - BD x x

Back